Votes: 52 37.7%
  • Krispy Kreme

Votes: 80 58.0%
  • 7-11

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Wawa

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I say Duncan. I love their doughnuts, especially the ones with the Coconut on them.

But, I also like the Maple Glazed, Bavarian Creme, and the plain Old Fasioned cake doughnuts for "Dunkin".

Love the coffee too.

Dave

Krispy Kreme all the way. Maybe it's because that's where Gramma took me as a little kid, I dunno. There's something pure about their dough, where Dunkin is more cake-y.

Hot Donuts Now! (that's a demand, not an observation...)

I say Duncan. I love their doughnuts, especially the ones with the Coconut on them.

But, I also like the Maple Glazed, Bavarian Creme, and the plain Old Fasioned cake doughnuts for "Dunkin".

Love the coffee too.

Dave

+1. And krispy kreme coffee would give battery acid a bad name.

Krispy Kreme for me, but that's as a result of growing up where I did.

Hey Walkandtalk, how about a hot glazed and a soda at the Avondale KK?

Spudnut, hands down: http://www.forbestraveler.com/food-drink/americas-best-doughnuts-slide-8.html?thisSpeed=25000
for other locations:
http://spudnutshop.com/

mrspudnut.jpg

Got to be Krispy Kreme! Living here in KK's hometown, there's nothing like getting a fresh hot glazed doughnut right off the conveyor, or two doughnuts, or three, or .......:D

There is nothing like getting the Krispy Kreme's right off the conveyor, that is the only way to eat them. Once they have cooled down I would have to go with Duncan as the next choice from the list.

Sorry guys, I live on the east coast and don't know what doughnut shops you have out west. Maybe I should have included an "other" choice? My bad.

Dave

Krispy Kreme fo' shizzle. But only when they are reasonably fresh. (The ones they sell in the rest stops on the Merritt Parkway don't count.)

Dunkin Dognuts are terrible. Not even food---They're dead to me. Dead to me I say.

7-11? They only sell gas and Gatorade I thought.

I've never heard of Wawa.

Thanks for asking

Shucks, I can't vote for any choice in this poll, because:

1. I'm gluten-intolerant, and have to avoid doughnuts.
2. I try to avoid refined sugar anyway, which means no doughnuts.
3. None of the chains mentioned have operations in Hong Kong, so even if I wanted to eat them, I couldn't, without taking a long plane flight. Krispy Kreme did open here a couple of years ago, and has already folded (as soon as the financial crisis hit some months back).

Oh, well, I remember what doughnuts I WOULD HAVE voted for, if this poll were held 30 years ago: Foster's doughnuts, in L.A. Back in college days, we'd either stay up or get up in the wee hours to make "Foster's runs", a 45-minute drive down the freeway, to get there when the doughnuts were coming fresh out of the ovens. Big things, stuffed with rich fillings and thick toppings. Man, were they good, then! :yes: :thumbsp:

None of the above...............

I would choose Tim Hortons.

It has somewhat of a cult following in Canada.

Oh yeah.....and you can get married there....what's that all about?
http://www.voodoodoughnut.com/

Not to mention this selection from their menu:

Cock-n-Balls
(Bachlorette party favorite, tripple cream filled, with your favorite saying written right on it. Comes in its own pink box. $4.95 Order ahead as supplies can be limited.):tongue:

And with regard to their weddings:

Are Voodoo Doughnut weddings legal?
Absolutely, 100% legal, unless you don't want them to be. The service is performed by ordained ministers beneath the holy doughnut and a velvet painting of Isaac Hays or Kenny Rodgers

Last edited:
Shoppers food warehouse

They are a little bigger than most. Incredible selection, and if you get there in the morning they are still warm.

They also run at .60 each...a bargain. :thmbsp:

Krispy Kreme for me, but that's as a result of growing up where I did.

Hey Walkandtalk, how about a hot glazed and a soda at the Avondale KK?

I wish the KK on Market hadn't closed down. They didn't make the donuts there, but it sure was nice. Now I have to stock up on chocolate covered creme filled KKs from the Teeter. There's a Dunkin on Meeting, but I don't get donuts there - I tend to go for the bacon, egg, and cheese croissants. Breakfast all day long is a great attraction for me...

Back
Top Bottom