Votes: 52 37.7%
  • Krispy Kreme

Votes: 80 58.0%
  • 7-11

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Wawa

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Can not vote as Tim Hortons is not on the list. How good, well Krispy Kreme came and went in Canada and Tim Hortons has just opened 12 shops in NYC and apparently New Yorkers are going wild over them.

Tims is more cakey and not as sweet as KK. I can eat a decent number of TH with no stopping to to taste but, with KK after 2 or 3 I lose the desire for more. But, the 1st one or two are good.

Have not compared TH to Dunkins but I was not a lover of Dunkins when living in the US.

None of the above...............

I would choose Tim Hortons.

It has somewhat of a cult following in Canada.

:banana:I just got back from a trip to Montreal, and there was a Tim Hortons next to my hotel. I'm in! Best doughnuts, ever.

One time I walked into a Krispy Kreme in Laguna Hills in California, and something had gone wrong with their batch of doughnuts. The ones just off of the conveyor belt didn't solidify...they were somewhere between liquid and doughnut. And they were just giving them away. BEST tasting semi-liquid treat I've ever had. But since they don't actually sell those almost-doughnuts, I'm going with Tim Hortons.

Got to be Krispy Kreme! Living here in KK's hometown, there's nothing like getting a fresh hot glazed doughnut right off the conveyor, or two doughnuts, or three, or .......:D

Grew up in Clemmons and have lots of memories on Stradford Rd. , Late night hot dozens after a night out ., Damn I`m hungry !

Love fresh Krispy Kreme's they just melt in your mouth. Here in town I have to make do with Daylight Donut's owned by a Cambodian guy. The ones from Wal-Mart and the grocery store bakery are horrible and HEAVY more like cake.

The best donuts I ever had were from the Fractured Prune. If you can't find one you like from their menu, you can design your own and they will make it for you while you wait!

Donut Nirvana!

:scratch2:
Spudnut, hands down: http://www.forbestraveler.com/food-drink/americas-best-doughnuts-slide-8.html?thisSpeed=25000
for other locations:
http://spudnutshop.com/

mrspudnut.jpg

My girlfriend agrees that Spudnut are the best.

I was reading the posts here when she said Spudnut were the best, and then I saw your post. She lives in Charlottsville VA, and you live in Va also. Hmmmm :scratch2:

Looks like Krispy Kreme kicked ass in this one.

I still say Dunkin. (Un)fortunately there is a DD right down the road from here.
The devil is always close by.

Dave

I don't like donuts from those chain stores.
Amy Joy's in Cleveland.
Randy's Donuts in Los Angeles
Randy%27s_Donuts_LA_California_LC-HS503-532.jpg

Krispy Kreme fo' shizzle. But only when they are reasonably fresh. (The ones they sell in the rest stops on the Merritt Parkway don't count.)

Dunkin Dognuts are terrible. Not even food---They're dead to me. Dead to me I say.

7-11? They only sell gas and Gatorade I thought.

I've never heard of Wawa.

Thanks for asking

Brett is right on with this. Dunkin' started here in Mass. They suck, always have, always will. Just another part of the dumbing down of America.

Just say no to Dunkin'. Support your local owned donut shop, should you be lucky enough to still have one.

Paul

You really should have Tim Hortons as an option. We have them here in NYC now, and up against KK and dunking, they rule.

For regular glazed, KK all the way. The baked goods equivalent of crack cocaine.

For old fashioned cake doughnuts, Top Pot takes it. Btw, they are now the suppliers of old fashioned cake doughnuts, both regular and chocolate, to Starbucks. So, you can have one wherever you are.

IMHO, the best Dunkin's are the ones that are not on the official/approved list. My fave in this vein is a chocolate-topped lemon-filled. Rare and magnificent.

That said, I still miss Tim Horton's.

Tom

None of the choices are available locally but maybe the odd 7-11 that carries a few maple bars or something.

My favorite are fruit batter cake donuts made in a real WWII Donut dolly maker at a local fruit& Vegital farmers market. They use Strawberry Blueberry Apple depending on whats in season. And if you get there early enough before they quit making them you can ask for them HOT and without the chunky sugar on them.

OH MAN I want a 1/2 dozen right now

Back
Top Bottom