Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

BrianR

Randomly Variable Anomaly
Today's psychedelic rock tunes.

Acid rock, space rock, proto metal, stoner rock.. if it's tripped out, put it here.

I've been on a mission lately to dig up as much weird obscure psych as I can. Bands like Orang-Utan and Fresh Blueberry Pancake don't get nearly enough play.

Stoner rock has been a prime staple of my playlist for 10 years now and could probably have a thread of its own, but for now it might as well go here since this is the roots of that movement.

Last edited:
Atomic Rooster - Nobody Else

DSC00133.jpg

Wouldn't hurt if the thread cap was a tad less noisy (the "freak out" bit), but I'm down with Today's Psychedelic ... play list, Brian.

Gimme a minute to dig out a worthy first contribution to this thread candidate...

(nb: Atomic Rooster already had a proper home in the Today's Progressive... thread?)

Wouldn't hurt if the thread cap was a tad less noisy (the "freak out" bit), but I'm down with Today's Psychedelic ... play list, Brian.

Gimme a minute to dig out a worthy first contribution to this thread candidate...

(nb: Atomic Rooster already had a proper home in the Today's Progressive... thread?)

Fixed. That was a tad over the top. Edit: Guess I didn't, I'm not sure how to change the title.

Atomic Rooster seemed to make a swing after that album to prog. There's some weird grey areas.

That Dark album is fantastic, btw.

Randy Holden - Blue My Mind

Last edited:
Music to Smoke Bananas By.

Had it on a 7-inch 45 rpm back in elementary school days, and let me tell you, it was c-o-o-l. :yes: A few decades on the calendar and on the body/mind might change that perception, if I could find it again, but it was definitely Psychedelic, when that word was new and meant something. Hey, it was the sixties! :smoke:

There's some great stuff in here already. Got lots of research and digging for lps to do! Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom