EV Aristocrat score !

HomerJSimpson

Addicted Member
Got a pair of Electrovoice Aristocrats today. The one on the right is an Aristocrat II. The one on the left is much heavier than the other and it has a tweeter level control also.

2vvvn5w.jpg

64qtme.jpg

yea, I think you got an aristocrat and a heavily modded aristocrat 2. crazy woofer in that one LoL, university made wierdness like that for sure, could be a correct guess. what does it say on the back of the drivers?

the woofer design alone could explain weight, the EV will be way heavier than any university driver I've seen. NOT that it means the university is bad, they made some good sounding stuff. but maybe there's more bracing or just a heavier type of wood in the left enclosure.

Nice!!! The woofer in the one on the right looks like some sort of Biflex relative - definitely a strange beast.

The cone on the right does look like a University Diffusicone 312, 30 watts @ 8Ohms IIRC.

Hmmm...

PM sent....we definitely need to talk. I have the match to both drivers. :yes: Its no surprise that they have different loads,as Aristocrats started out as accent speakers for consoles. My cabinets are kinda like yours too,one in better shape that the other.How bout a pic of the backs ?

Attachments

• GEDC0001g.jpg
    GEDC0001g.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 156
  • GEDC0006.jpg
    GEDC0006.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 180
  • GEDC0002f.jpg
    GEDC0002f.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 160
Nice pick-up!
Looks like a bit of an odd couple but I am sure you have them matched up and cleaned up soon.

Nice pickup.Do you mind saying where you found them.The reason I ask is I am always on the lookout for EVs.Matching EVs seem quite a bit harder to find than just one.I know I am still on the lookout for a Regency.Are they both the same dimensions?

Nice pickup.Do you mind saying where you found them.The reason I ask is I am always on the lookout for EVs.Matching EVs seem quite a bit harder to find than just one.I know I am still on the lookout for a Regency.Are they both the same dimensions?

I got them off c/l. both are exactly the same size and color !!!

Make a couple of new baffles and make yourself a matching pair. Or put in some JBL LE14 woofers and make an E-Wave out of it (don't hurt me!)

I was raised by a pair of EV Aristocrats, with assistance from a Heathkit AR-15.

:D

It's funny how when you're 6 they seem huge, but when you see them as an adult, you think, "They shrunk!"

was wondering how do you get to the drivers from these Aristocrats.. do you remove the frame around the front of the speaker?

Back
Top Bottom