Finally Fixed Jolida JD602A CPD

PR Audio

Well, after much search and headaches I was able to fix my Jolida JD602A. This model was known for an unreliable laser/disc mechanism, which was my problem. After over a month researching this is what I found:

1. It is a modified Sony unit, so parts are mostly Sony, and any Sony Service Center or tech with Sony knowledge can fix it.

2. Service techs in my area no longer want to work with CD players. One of them was very honest and said that they don't make money fixing CDP's.

3. Not expensive to fix. $39.00 for the KSM-2101ADM laser mechanism.

4. Laser/Transport Mechanism is Sony KSM-2101ADM. KSM-2101BDM is a direct replacement, and has the upgraded Sony laser KSS-201B pickup. The B is better than the A, as it no mods have to be done, and it can read other CD formats (CD-RW, MP3, etc.) that the A cannot read.

5. Have two Jolida products, and Jolida aftersales service is extremely bad, the worst in any industry. Will never buy Jolida again, these people treat you like dirt, they don't know the meaning of Customer Service, don't know the word integrity, and much less know the what a man's word is, as they cannot backup what they promise. These guys got lucky by finding a reliable manufacturer in China that makes a good product for them; and the problem is they know it.

6. Once Jolida discontinues a product they throw away all the spares in stock, and will not give you information. Basically, if your equipment is little over the warranty period, and they don't make it anymore you have to find a tech that will repair it, or you will have to send it to the dumpster, and buy something else. Not sure, but it is my understanding that by law you have to keep spares to service your product for X amount of years after it is launched or discontinued.

The unit now works perfectly again, and enjoying it. I could have purchased another unit or transport/DAC combo, as money was not a problem, but the fact that I were going to throw to the dumpster a good item that I knew could be fixed was driving me nuts. I will buy a DAC anyways, but for other digital playback (computer, Ipod, etc.).

I'm happy that you've finally fixed your CDP. Now, it's time to enjoy it! As far as I got from your posting, you've also drawn a conclusion regarding your future purchases, which is as valuable as any real life experience, and useful to grow. I cannot comment about the Jolida products, since I've never owned any.

All the best

I'm happy that you've finally fixed your CDP. Now, it's time to enjoy it! As far as I got from your posting, you've also drawn a conclusion regarding your future purchases, which is as valuable as any real life experience, and useful to grow. I cannot comment about the Jolida products, since I've never owned any.

All the best

They are very good products, that can be made even better with few mods. It's the aftersales service that's non-existent.

Hello,

can you send me pictures of the inside as I might have a wire crossed and if you have a schematic that would really help! I took pics but the F*^#*^ cloud snatched them away:(
meyerrat@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom