(2) SONY TAN-80es Surround,surround back right and left

(2) SONY cdp-c87es serial chained together

(1) SONY NC555ES DVD

(1) DENON 3802 used as preamp

(2) HPM 1500 right and left channel

(1) Klipch RC-7 center

(4) Klipch RS-7 surround, surround back right and left

(1) 15" Paradigm PW2500

I have a large collection of multi channel sacd and movies will be up grade to HDTV this year and of course i enjoy straight stereo as well !!

So you're your the one hoarding all the TA-N77ES!!! :D Nice collection. I always wanted to add one of those to my ES collection. :music:

So you're your the one hoarding all the TA-N77ES!!!
The real hoarder is a Dr. in Edmonton who uses TA-N77ES amps to drive his 7.1 system. All in mono with a few spares hanging around. Last time had contact with him he had ten (10) of them. Very musical amp. Probably Sony's best sounding bipolar Class A/B amp.

Here are couple of pic's of my matching ST-A6B & TA-F6B.

Attachments

• DSCN2729.JPG
    DSCN2729.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN2728.JPG
    DSCN2728.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I'm pretty jealous that you've found an ST-A6B tuner!! I've got my TA-F6B paired up with a Kenwood KT-7550, and if that's not music to my ears, I don't know what is.

Love it!

Edited for content

Deleted.
Please read the rules.
The only area you are allowed to sell something is down in the "MEMBERS CLASSIFIEDS" forum.

Retro Stereo

Last edited by a moderator:
These are my humble Sony receivers....

attachment.php

The STR-V2 on top is a nice looking receiver, wouldn't mind owning a TOTL from the same series someday.

The STR-V25 on bottom doesn't get much respect, but I bought it new back in '81.

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 716
Yeah..........but attaching yourself to the ceiling to be in a proper listening postion for that speaker location has to be a pain. And, no one listens to mono these days.

That system(s) deserves some SS-M9 speakers.

Sony TA-P9000ES

Hey Gerchy,

very nice ES collection you have and congratulations for your very very nice (and stylish) Sony ES homepage.

All:

Just tried my newly acquired TA-P9000ES pre amplifier last weekend and what can I say:

This is absolutely amazing:banana::drool::music:, the most transparent active pre amplifier I had in my system so far and the first time I don't want to go back to my passive pre (volume attenuator) again.

I had the following pre amplifiers recently in my current 3way active setup: TA-E86, TA-E88, TA-E901, TA-E900, Diatone DA-P20 and Technics SU-A200.
All of them have their individual merits (some especially related to MM/MC, what the P9000ES lacks), but none of these was as transparent with Line sources as the passive pre to date.

On a very first glance the TA-P9000ES sounds as transparent as the passive pre and on top of that allows some neat features like remote control, gain and source switching (purism is sometimes quite painful ...).

The chain I auditioned was the following:

SCD-777ES (modified) or PS-X9
|
V
TA-P9000ES
|
V
TA-D88 active crossover (3way)
|
V
Pioneer M-22 (treble)
Yamaha MX-10000 (mid)
Sony TA-N901 (bass)
|
V
Unda Maris Speaker

Since the TA-P9000ES is a pre amp with six identical channels, it could even be used behind (!!) the TA-D88 crossover, a setup which from a pure technical standpoint easily has the potential to be almost as transparent as "nothing", which is less than a passive pre ... I'll try this exotic mode of operation soon.

The chain I auditioned was the following:

SCD-777ES (modified) or PS-X9
|
V
TA-P9000ES
|
V
TA-D88 active crossover (3way)
|
V
Pioneer M-22 (treble)
Yamaha MX-10000 (mid)
Sony TA-N901 (bass)
|
V
Unda Maris Speaker

Since the TA-P9000ES is a pre amp with six identical channels, it could even be used behind (!!) the TA-D88 crossover, a setup which from a pure technical standpoint easily has the potential to be almost as transparent as "nothing", which is less than a passive pre ... I'll try this exotic mode of operation soon.

That's a very interesting idea.Report-back your findings if and when you try that experiment. :thmbsp:

well i have gotten used to the x800 sony's to the point of having a 5800 a 6800 and my holy grail the 7800. All three power my speakers with no poblem.

IMG_0280.jpg

STR-11L from '78. My father's first stereo that's moved down a generation. It's nice-looking and nice-sounding, but unfortunately the tuner is quite bad :( It works great as long as you stick to mono, any stereo channel just ends up in hissy, distorted garbage.

My TA4650 (below it is a JE330 minidisc). What do people use to polish the front plate of their vintage Sony amps (something that won't harm the graphics)?

Love that ES display. Several years ago I had a chance to buy a mint ES receiver for $390 at a pawn shop, they didn't know what they had. I could kick myself now for not doing so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom