Your Latest Additions (LP)......

daza152

Hi guys, What have you bought, or arrived today in the post? I came home to find two LP's waiting patiently for me to un-wrap them. First an original Weasels Ripped My Flesh / Mothers of Invention and second addition to its new home is a NM condition Bitches Brew an Original by Miles Davis and it was more than I expected,so very happy with them:yes: Did you find "The One"? or whatever........

Just Keep Adding To This Thread As You Get More....

Cheers Daza.

Last edited:
I think I screwed up by not getting a "Tyranosaurus Rex" with Marc Bolan at the thrift.That was the title I'm pretty sure.and it was with a bunch of other mixed titles in pretty good shape.Why did I pass?You got me.Then I came home and came across an article on Marc Bolan and said "I'll bet that was a very uncommon lp".Went back and it was gone.I did find about six Nat King Coles from the 50s and 60s for $3 in very good condition.

I think I screwed up by not getting a "Tyranosaurus Rex" with Marc Bolan at the thrift.That was the title I'm pretty sure.and it was with a bunch of other mixed titles in pretty good shape.Why did I pass?You got me.Then I came home and came across an article on Marc Bolan and said "I'll bet that was a very uncommon lp".Went back and it was gone.I did find about six Nat King Coles from the 50s and 60s for $3 in very good condition.

Damn, that sucks. T-Rex is awesome and a fantastic find.

Today's 25 cent finds

Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding - totally scratched and dirty, but I think original from Columbia 1968, (CS 9604).

Chuck Mangione - Children of Sanchez
Chuck Mangione - Main Squeeze
Chuck Mangione - The Magic of Chuck Mangione (best of)

Frank Sinatra - Sentimental Journey
Big Bamboo - signed
The Motors - Tenement Steps

Mazzy Star's "She hangs brightly" arrived in the mail yesterday. First LP I've ever ordered online. Wasn't as fun as finding it in a store, to be honest, but I really wanted it.

My descent into madness has begun with my first 'big' purchase - an original press of Pearl Jam's Vitalogy. I can remember opening the CD way back in like 94 or so, and thinking how cool the packaging was. I think Vitalogy is one of the cheaper PJ releases to obtain. Grabbed it for a little over $30 on auction. All of my vinyl is new to me, as I picked up their latest Backspacer and the Ten re-release through their fan club. I also won a lot of six old Peter Gabriel LPs for $13. I have an original Elton John "Don't Shoot Me I'm the Piano Player" (was my parents).

Now I'm on the lookout for my cart/stylus, some James Brown LPs, maybe a little Earth, Wind, and Fire, and some other odds and ends. I have my eye on some Deathcab for Cutie LPs and EPs... I wouldn't mind picking up some Metallica or even some 80s stuff like VH, Skid Row, etc. I've not been this excited about buying music in a while!

Rolling Stones, LP, Black and Blue, Japanese Edition, $14. Waiting for it to arrive.

(it arrived and sounds outrageous and in NOS condition)

Last edited:
Two new Britpop LPs.

The Verve "Urban Hymns" - UK Hut Label

Spiritualized "Songs in A & E"

I "stole" a mint original "John Wesley Harding" - Dylan - on December 23rd off of Ebay for $4.99.

Ken

Purchased last weekend:

Faure - Piano quartet in C Minor; Op. 15/String Quartet, Op. 121, Rubinstein - Guarneri Quartet, RCA Red Seal ARL1-0761

Verdi - La Forza del Destino, Leontyne Price etc., RCA Red Seal LSC-6413

close-up, The Kingston Trio, Capital ST 1642

...and seven other records, all for $2.17, tax included.

Bought Steve Martin's "The Crow" (new) - Great album! Can't recommend it more highly. Great banjo music. As Steve said many years ago: you can't be depressed when hearing the banjo. But seriously, a great album with lots of great artists contributing!

Also just picked up Tangerine Dream's Alpha Centauri on a whim. Only listened to side one so far - what a trip! Side two should be fun. I'll get to that tomorrow!

Today I picked up James Taylor's "Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon" at the local Salvation Army. Damn good LP. Other finds were John Denver's Greatest Hits and an obscure rock sampler from Columbia entitled "More Heavy Sounds" from 1969. It's got Santana, Janis Joplin, the Byrds, Johnny Winter, etc. Not real great, mostly strange covers, but interesting. $3 for the batch.

Bummer! Good score with the Nat King Coles though.

My last three recent LP additions are John Lennon's Imagine reissue and Nirvana's Live at Reading and this little dandy by Rush. I won't be playing this copy of Moving Pictures however :grin:

IMG_0769.jpg

Let's see, wondered by the local record store today and picked up:

Used:
Maynard Ferguson (covers of jazz greats) -- excellent sound quality
Tom Petty Live -- Pack Up the Plantation (Double LP)
Lionel Hampton Apollo Hall Concert 1954
Tommy Tutone (who doesn't like 867-5309!)
Red Rider -- Neruda
George Winston -- December (piano solos)

New:
Art Farmer Quintet Live -- The Time and the Place

Rolling Stones, LP, Black and Blue, Japanese Edition, $14.

Have you listened to it yet? If so, how's it sound? This is a favorite Stones album of mine, I have a couple US pressings but would like to try a UK or Japanese (if they sound better of course).
Thanks in advance
Mike

Back
Top Bottom