Sears Receiver ....any ideas ?

Cogsinister

Sears RE-1500...the receiver looks cute....any opinions or info on it ?

4365129675_c2e110660e_o.jpg

4365875154_46f9a065b9_o.jpg

Looks like it could be made by sanyo like the cassette deck......not sure.....is it worth picking up ?

Well the kits mine.....hes delivering it tomorrow.....i will slip him some cash to cover his gas.........

Pics to follow tomorrow.....

I think it is made by AGS. This is the only manufacturer that has the habit of reversing the power switch (ON at the botom and OFF at top), as far as I know.

ags is a good bet, and given the time period seems even more likely.Those guys were pretty busy at the time, seen alot of their gear floating around, all from the 70s.

AGS was a manufacturer based in Ontario. They sold under their own brand Audio Reflex, and they produced some components for Sears (the yamarantz receiver is one example)

AGS was a manufacturer based in Ontario. They sold under their own brand Audio Reflex, and they produced some components for Sears (the yamarantz receiver is one example)

Ahh now i see.......great, cant wait to see her tomorrow.......lets hope the output section is discrete and not an STK-XXXX chip.....

I have also an integrated amplifier made by AGS, an Audio Reflex A-120. This one could be qualified a "Luxoneer" amp. All discrete transistors with large heat sink.

You did a good score, just for the ADC cartridge.

I have also an integrated amplifier made by AGS, an Audio Reflex A-120. This one could be qualified a "Luxoneer" amp. All discrete transistors with large heat sink.

You did a good score, just for the ADC cartridge.

Not quite......no stylus :no:

just as a further note,and if such things are of interest to you or anyone else....those basic sanyo tape decks are actually pretty good lil machines...sanyo sold em for years with slightly different styling,as did radio shack and i think another manufacturer or two..not sure who actually made them...but they were not expensive and are easily recognized as all are essentially the same machine...the early ones have needles the later ones LED meters...but they work well,are built pretty solid and usually sound pretty good too...if you have any cassettes these were and are often overlooked gems

just as a further note,and if such things are of interest to you or anyone else....those basic sanyo tape decks are actually pretty good lil machines...sanyo sold em for years with slightly different styling,as did radio shack and i think another manufacturer or two..not sure who actually made them...but they were not expensive and are easily recognized as all are essentially the same machine...the early ones have needles the later ones LED meters...but they work well,are built pretty solid and usually sound pretty good too...if you have any cassettes these were and are often overlooked gems

Thank you for that info....i do have lots of cassette decks, and i was thinking the same thing about the sanyo deck.....it will be nice to have a set of VU meters again........and it has Metal bias setting !!!!

Back
Top Bottom