Sears Receiver ....any ideas ?

:lmao:
The title of that topic is worth the price of admission.

Nice amp, good looking cassette deck. Turntable, I don't know much about...maybe a BSR thing :dunno:. Certainly a good looking receiver, obviously well cared for. Whatever comes up, $20 is hard to beat...

Yes the TT is a nasty BSR......speakers are some form of Realistic.....we shall see tomorrow if the come complete with rotted foams or not.........

Yes the TT is a nasty BSR......speakers are some form of Realistic.....we shall see tomorrow if the come complete with rotted foams or not.........

Nah, that BSR must be nice, it comes with a "Genuine diamond stylus" :D...one of my Zeniths has the same sticker on the base.

You may get lucky on the foam...who knows, Looking forward to what all this actual is/sounds like:yes:

Nah, that BSR must be nice, it comes with a "Genuine diamond stylus" :D...one of my Zeniths has the same sticker on the base.

You may get lucky on the foam...who knows, Looking forward to what all this actual is/sounds like:yes:

Yeah......i will be reporting back tomorrow with lots of pics..........

could be lucky enough to have sticky black stuff surrounds, i have a pair of shax witrh those surrounds from back when..heres a word of advice, if you have the grilles off, dont pluck chickens directly in front of the speakers (just conjecture, really)

The receiver in the first post looks a lot like the last Lafayette line of stereo receivers (just sayin').

couple of semi-random examples:

attachment.php

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2126252&postcount=12

Looks like a good deal for $20. Sears put out some good receivers, it sure looks like a Yamaha. The Changer looks like a run-of-the-mill BSR changer. The Sanyo deck looks BOTL, I wonder how it sounds? Sometimes those basic decks sound half way decent.

Nudies !!!!!

Well, it was not 50wpc......more like 10 to 15.....but having said that it is what i expected..the insides are packed with electronics, something i like to see...and they are 15 of the sweetest musical watts from four little transistors i have listened to for quite some while......oh it's made in Korea btw.......

The insides.......

4368466738_7eb859b7f4_b.jpg

4367719803_483d062e7a_b.jpg

Only problems...the meters, both of them don't work....they seem to be stuck.....and the lamp for the meters is out (i ran out of replacment fuse lamps in replacing the dial lamps that were blown)

4368467372_70d23e5a7d_b.jpg

The cassette deck came to life after the record switch and the line/mic switch on the back were given a good spray with cleaner......the Sanyo deck is a solid performer.......very nice.....love the VU's

The amp sounds great driving my 1971 Celestion Countys......

Last edited:
Looks sharp~

I can't get over how loud it is....and the Bass......goodness.....

Oh i forgot the Turntable.....here it is...

4368512786_4f538a75f1_b.jpg

I think i will put it in stock till i get hold of a replacement cartridge from somewhere....it is the most fancy arm i have seen on a BSR TT....

Looks great!:banana:

Inside of the amp is surprising, lots of electronics and components. Almost as much as my sx-525, another 15 or so watt receiver. BTW, 50watts maybe the input power, especially if it's class A-B (with 4 output devices, that's a good chance). Nice looking tape deck as well...glad to hear everything works:thmbsp:

Looks great!:banana:

Inside of the amp is surprising, lots of electronics and components. Almost as much as my sx-525, another 15 or so watt receiver. BTW, 50watts maybe the input power, especially if it's class A-B (with 4 output devices, that's a good chance). Nice looking tape deck as well...glad to hear everything works:thmbsp:

I think the motor on the cassette deck just died.......belts are OK.....lights on......motor not turning.......*sigh*

Still the Receiver was what i wanted.....i have got stacks of cassette decks including a Pioneer CT-F850 that is soon to bet a new set of belts......so its not a big loss.......

Looks pretty cool man. Decent looking electronics in it. Some of the Korean receivers seem to be pretty good, I know my Audio Research receiver is.

That's a nice looking tape deck too actually, and it's quite clean by the looks of it.

Did the speakers work out?

Looks pretty cool man. Decent looking electronics in it. Some of the Korean receivers seem to be pretty good, I know my Audio Research receiver is.

That's a nice looking tape deck too actually, and it's quite clean by the looks of it.

Did the speakers work out?

Oh the speakers are Realistic MC 600's nice little speakers......they are in the store room.....awaiting there time.......

I think the motor on the cassette deck just died.......belts are OK.....lights on......motor not turning.......*sigh*

Don't be too sure, check the voltage regulator/adjustor board for the motor (which most decks should have). A bad component on that can stop a motor from showing signs of life. On my sony (still on the bench), the regulator/control board is right under the motor itself, although it may be somewhere else on the sanyo.

Don't be too sure, check the voltage regulator/adjustor board for the motor (which most decks should have). A bad component on that can stop a motor from showing signs of life. On my sony (still on the bench), the regulator/control board is right under the motor itself, although it may be somewhere else on the sanyo.

Funny you should mention that, i was sat here considering doing something along those lines tomorrow........

I think it is made by AGS. This is the only manufacturer that has the habit of reversing the power switch (ON at the botom and OFF at top), as far as I know.

The old Philips High Fidelity Laboratory Receivers have their power switches that way, too :) .. I absolutely love my 7871

Back
Top Bottom