AudioKarma Subscriptions VS Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozmoid

Lunatic Member
What's up with all the red badges under User names? They're Subscribers!

How are donations and subscriptions different?

Hitting the "Donate" button is just that - making a donation. AK appreciates it, it keeps the server running and the site up. (We use a little bandwidth, too. :D )

A Subscription is set up through your User Control Panel, and while it does get money to AK, it also offers you a few bonuses, as well:

• Private forums only for Subscribers.
  • PM capacity increases to 1500.
  • Picture storage increases to 67 MB (Reg. members get 2 MB).
  • Create photo albums on your user profile page.
  • You can delete your own posts.
  • The ability to add a poll to a thread.
  • Bigger signature limit.
  • Choose to display your name in "Subscriber Red".
  • Use animated gifs as your Avatar.
  • Gain the ability to be "invisible" to the rest of the board. (No one can see when you're online).
  • Subscribers will not be kicked if idle in chat. (This means you can walk away from your computer without chat tossing you out.)

To become a Subscriber go to your User Control Panel and check the menu under "Miscellaneous", there's a line item called "Subscriptions". Click the link and you'll be walked through signing up and paying with PayPal. Cost is $25.00 per year.

Due to AK being a free web site, we rely heavily on donations to keep this site afloat. The donations do not cover all of our expenses, so we are offering you the opportunity to help AK, and get something in return by becoming an AK Subscriber!

Please remember to use the link in your User Control Panel to Subscribe!

Last edited by a moderator:
To change your username to display in RED after you become a subscriber:

In your User Control Panel, look for the menu group titled Networking. In that list is a link titled Group Memberships, click that and choose "Subscriber" for your identity, then hit the "Update Display Group" button. :thmbsp:

Does this group membership thing pop up after the check clears? I sent in my subscription a couple of weeks ago, but can't find subscribers on the group list.

Subscriber benefits updated in the OP! More PM's, more storage, and a new Chat feature added.

want to send a hello post

hi i am a little lost here, i am registered and will send a check for membership but can i post a message before being an actual member. All i saw was new thread and didnt want to violate any rules....basically i know a little about audio but this website is like going to a good school. thanks for your help....Joe DeGennaro calabash NC

Joe, you were a member as soon as you registered. Subscriptions or donations are alway appreciated but not a requirement here. POST AWAY and enjoy the forums.

hello

hi, new member here from Calabash NC
just inherited some stereo equipment, namely kirksaeter monitor 120 speakers, nakimichi no. 2 cassette deck, marantz 5000 cd player, marantz sr-63 a/v receiver and a beogram rx2 TT.....hoping to make a decent Music only system and would love some feedback on th eequipment...i know through a little research the speakers are good but will need some work...i already got some repair places from this website which by the way is like going to a great audio school without the high tuition so the cost of membership is a great deal....thanks and i hope i am doing this right..there are so many forums....i am sort of a Audio Junkie but not an expert , same with my knowledge of computers ans forums....also an advanced nature photographer...anyway glad to be here among the experts......Joe Degennaro

Welcome. Maybe the powers that be here will accept some seafood instead of the regular fee to become a subscriber! :drool: :deal:

How do I change my status of donor to subscriber? I already donated the required amount, I don't want to pay again.

I didn't see this link until after I made the donation. What I intended to do was subscribe. I'm bummed!

Last edited:
Well, I didn't use the link in my CP to subscribe. I read this too late. Now what? I sent an email to grumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom