How do you say Thank you.....

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
How do you say Thank you to all the amazing people involved with putting on an event like AKfest. There are no words that even come close to describing how much we value and depend on these people.

First and foremost I have to thank Ernie. Without this man, I don't know how we could have done everything. Ernie was always willing to do whatever we asked of him. He is very knowledgeable in a wide variety of things, and he is a very important part of planning AKfest. Most importantly, Ernie has a wonderful disposition. Ernie, I hope you know how much I appreciate you and all you do. Thank you and know that I am honored to call you my friend.

Linda and Jo Ann. Many years ago these ladies agreed to come and help at the fest, little did they know what they were getting themselves into. These 2 ladies are willing to do anything that is needed of them. To give an example, on Friday I was checking in Exhibitors and member rooms and had set up the tables so that it worked well for doing this. When these 2 got there, they knew that things needed to be a little different for Saturday and started planning for the Saturday morning opening of the show. Then on Saturday morning they were there and had put things into motion. These 2 also made my job so much easier, by always being available. Let's not forget that these ladies always had a smile and were always willing to help anyone at the fest. My many thanks to Linda and Jo Ann. You are 2 special ladies that have become an intricate and valuable part of our team.

Matt and Jeff. Matt has not missed any of the fests, probably because many years ago I needed him. But now he has come to appreciate what the fest is and looks forward to it every year. Jeff came into the fest family a few years ago and has become a valued member. Jeff had learned the cash register so that he could do anything at the registration table this year. These 2 boys were available to anyone who needed help moving equipment, boxes, or anything they needed. Matt and Jeff are also 2 of the nicest young men that you will ever meet. Thanks guys, you know I love you both.

Ken. You came up and offered to help us at the perfect times. You did whatever we asked of you. Thank you, you were such a great help.

Karen. For those of you that don't know, Karen is my little sister. This was Karen's first fest, and she smacked me because she had a blast and I never invited to help at the fest before. Karen helped us do what ever she could (Linda and Jo Ann did so much that there wasn't a lot left..lol). Many thanks Karen for keeping an eye on the kids and for helping at the desk.

Grumpy. I guess I saved the best for last (at least to me). Many years ago you brought ALOT of people into our home to have a little get together. Then came the vision of what we could do by holding an event in a hotel, and then allowing me to help you to bring the first AKfest to life. Fast forward to 2010. You have given me, as well as many others, the opportunity to meet some of the most incredible people in the world by having the fest every year. Thank you for including me in your passion for audio and Audiokarma. I am the luckiest lady for having you in my life.

There were so many more members who came up and offered to help. And I know that I am forgetting to add you to my list and I am sorry if I did.

I believe that this was the best fest yet. Largely in part, to all the people who helped before, during and after the fest.

My heartfelt thanks you to all of you...

Nancy
Ms Grumpy

yea, what she said, cuz i totally agree with all of it...c'ept what she said bout me :)

it was a pleasure to help you, and anyone else i could, and i would do it again next year too. oh and by the way, you know i loves ya, but why do you always find new and exciting ways to make me CRY?!

Karen

Remebering most of the great people you mentioned from Fest 07, and you yourself I can back up every word you wrote. I'll raise a glass to y'all anytime.

Groucho once said that he'd NEVER want to belong to any club that would have him as a member...I am, however, absolutely bustin' w/pride about being a member of THIS great organisation...Even if I'm nowhere near worthy....(grin)

How do you say Thank you to all the amazing people involved with putting on an event like AKfest. There are no words that even come close to describing how much we value and depend on these people.

First and foremost I have to thank Ernie. Without this man, I don't know how we could have done everything. Ernie was always willing to do whatever we asked of him. He is very knowledgeable in a wide variety of things, and he is a very important part of planning AKfest. Most importantly, Ernie has a wonderful disposition. Ernie, I hope you know how much I appreciate you and all you do. Thank you and know that I am honored to call you my friend.

Linda and Jo Ann. Many years ago these ladies agreed to come and help at the fest, little did they know what they were getting themselves into. These 2 ladies are willing to do anything that is needed of them. To give an example, on Friday I was checking in Exhibitors and member rooms and had set up the tables so that it worked well for doing this. When these 2 got there, they knew that things needed to be a little different for Saturday and started planning for the Saturday morning opening of the show. Then on Saturday morning they were there and had put things into motion. These 2 also made my job so much easier, by always being available. Let's not forget that these ladies always had a smile and were always willing to help anyone at the fest. My many thanks to Linda and Jo Ann. You are 2 special ladies that have become an intricate and valuable part of our team.

Matt and Jeff. Matt has not missed any of the fests, probably because many years ago I needed him. But now he has come to appreciate what the fest is and looks forward to it every year. Jeff came into the fest family a few years ago and has become a valued member. Jeff had learned the cash register so that he could do anything at the registration table this year. These 2 boys were available to anyone who needed help moving equipment, boxes, or anything they needed. Matt and Jeff are also 2 of the nicest young men that you will ever meet. Thanks guys, you know I love you both.

Ken. You came up and offered to help us at the perfect times. You did whatever we asked of you. Thank you, you were such a great help.

Karen. For those of you that don't know, Karen is my little sister. This was Karen's first fest, and she smacked me because she had a blast and I never invited to help at the fest before. Karen helped us do what ever she could (Linda and Jo Ann did so much that there wasn't a lot left..lol). Many thanks Karen for keeping an eye on the kids and for helping at the desk.

Grumpy. I guess I saved the best for last (at least to me). Many years ago you brought ALOT of people into our home to have a little get together. Then came the vision of what we could do by holding an event in a hotel, and then allowing me to help you to bring the first AKfest to life. Fast forward to 2010. You have given me, as well as many others, the opportunity to meet some of the most incredible people in the world by having the fest every year. Thank you for including me in your passion for audio and Audiokarma. I am the luckiest lady for having you in my life.

There were so many more members who came up and offered to help. And I know that I am forgetting to add you to my list and I am sorry if I did.

I believe that this was the best fest yet. Largely in part, to all the people who helped before, during and after the fest.

My heartfelt thanks you to all of you...

Nancy
Ms Grumpy

Being from the area Nancy,if there is anything I can do to help assure there is an AK FEST 2011,please do not hesitate to let me know.
It would be my pleasure ! :yes:

I have to stand up and say THANK YOU to every one you have listed, and yourself Nancy. All of you did such a fantastic of of preparing over the past months to make the fest a huge success, ald also worked your asses off over the weekend to make sure everything fell into place.

Everyone I heard was very delighted with the hotel, the music, the vendors... EVERYTHING!

All of you went WAY above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great time, and you have no idea how much that means to just a regular forum member like myself. Even my wife enjoyed it, and she's not an "audio" person. I think that says a lot...

OH.. I do have to say thanks to one person you missed... Gino... That poor guy really had to put up with a few of us that wanted to "enjoy" a little later than most.. but I don't know.. I did have to watch him there because he seemed to be eyeing a few systems he seemed to like.. ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone that put this together for us regular members to enjoy!!!!!!

Yes, indeed! A huge THANK YOU for all the fine folks Nancy mentioned (including herself)
for their unending devotion and hard work that made this, the best fest ever, possible!

Yes, indeed! A huge THANK YOU for all the fine folks Nancy mentioned (including herself)
for their unending devotion and hard work that made this, the best fest ever, possible!

Absolutely...well said Dan!

I cannot thank the fine folks that I'm lucky enough to call my good friends enough. Outstanding fest again this year!

Absolutely...well said Dan!

I cannot thank the fine folks that I'm lucky enough to call my good friends enough. Outstanding fest again this year!

This was my sisters first fest, and she was amazed at how many people knew who I was.

I think that she was wrong.

Army said it well because I am amazed at all the great people that I know because of Audiokarma and the many AKfests.

Thank YOU, Nancy, for keeping Dave on point.

Oh, and y'all are makin' me blush. I was glad to do whatever I could.

+1 more!

Thank you my fine upstanding friends for the AK Fest, and for being YOU!

Retro

You know Greg, you just hit the nail on the head, all of the people I have met here on AK and at the Fest are just very much themselves, no airs or attitude, just downright, upright people.

This was my sisters first fest, and she was amazed at how many people knew who I was.

I think that she was wrong.

Army said it well because I am amazed at all the great people that I know because of Audiokarma and the many AKfests.

I don't think I was wrong, you weren't the one being mistaken for you every time I walked in a room...lol

I actually was kind of honored by it, just goes to show that all the hard work you put into the fests is really appreciated and your presence at them is recognized on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom