Question about posting pics

chadnliz

Addicted Member
Whenever I have posted pics they always end up a thumbnail. how do I get them to pop up viewable like others I see? Thanks

i use imageshack. And then use the direct link to the pic. Then use that link with the IMG /IMG tags

When you upload the picture there will be a link to the picture in the manage attachments section. Right click on the link and copy the address to the clip board. Now in your post insert the url tags ( url and /url inside of square brackets) and paste the copied address in between them.

mike

Photobucket or Flickr are options that work OK, but if you delete or move the source photo, then it disappears from the post like this:

WT_portrait_EMc_1.jpg

Another way is to upload the photo to your AK album (@ your profile page) and link it from there, thusly:
picture.php

That way, even though the source photo isn't embedded in the thread, at least it resides on the AK server (don't forget to pay your membership--server space isn't free :)). This photo actually resides in one of my albums.

Sometimes, I'll upload the photo as a thumbnail in thie very post, but still open it in its own window and embed it full size into the thread like this:

attachment.php

All of these options use the same thread function however.

1.) Open the source photo in its own browser window or tab. I do this with Fire Fox by right-clicking the image on its source page and choosing "open in new tab"--this should open the image in a window without any surrounding formatting or images.

2.) "Copy" the web address that is in the address pane of the images' window/tab.

3.) Return to the new post pane you're drafting your post in and click on the little yellow button with a picture of the mountain and sun on it. This will open a small dialog box in the foreground.

4.) Paste the address you just put on your clipboard into the pane in the dialog box and hit "OK"

5.) Now preview your post and it should be there.

You can skip the step with the yellow mountain button by simply pasting the web address to the picture into the post and manually type
at the end.

Also, if you go back to edit a post, the mountain button will not be there, you have "go advanced"

Clear as mud?

Attachments

• Welcome obsolete formats.gif.jpeg
    Welcome obsolete formats.gif.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 2,115
Thanks, I tried and it didnt work so I posted a thread about my M&K speakers with the usual thumbnail you can blow up.............thanks anyway!

Uploading to AK works pretty easy. Then, when you view the image in your album, there is a "BB Code" link provided below it. Just copy and paste that whole link including the leading and trailing
commands into your thread and the image appears in the thread, not as a thumbnail.

picture.php

Last edited:
They have to be loaded somewhere. In an album or in a place like Photobucket.

Or, do this:

1. Attach pic to your post as you have been doing.
2. Preview your post. You'll see the thumbnail.
3. Click on the thumbnail. Window opens with full-sized picture.
4. Copy URL from top of window with full sized picture.
5. Close window with pic. You'll be back to your still-unposted message.
6. Click on image button (small icon of a 'picture' with mountain), and paste in the URL you just copied. Now you'll have full sized pic in your message, and thumbnail at end.

BTW, I followed this procedure to put this pic in the message, except I just figured out a way NOT to have the thumbnail at the end.... :)
attachment.php

Last edited:
OK so I should load them to my album not in the post right?

Yeah, if you upload it to your album instead of uploading it as a post attachment, you can then get the embedded image. Or, as others have mentioned you can do the same thing from photobucket or your own webspace if you have it. Most get some with their ISP account....I get a meger 10MB with mine.

Photobucket is your friend. It's really easy to use, too.

I know its really simple to use but we have tens of thousands of posts that are near useless due to deleted photobucket accounts.

We hope with our next server upgrade to bump everyones picture capacity significantly. :yes:

It's weird; I highlighted a link (and changed its brackets) that shows up in your post when I go to quote it:

OK, how about this?:

I can post a link to a pic in one of my albums and it works fine...

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/album.php?albumid=466&pictureid=3636

But if I put the
tags on it, it shows up as a little gray box (or a red X on some browsers)...

{IMG]http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/album.php?albumid=466&pictureid=3636[/IMG}

A pic off the net with the image tags will work.

?

But disappears entirely when viewed in the thread. Like this:

Originally Posted by 12ax7

OK, how about this?:

I can post a link to a pic in one of my albums and it works fine...

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/alb...pictureid=3636

But if I put the
tags on it, it shows up as a little gray box (or a red X on some browsers)...

A pic off the net with the image tags will work.

?

Ok, I'm stumped. Did it show up like that in my post? (I deleted your link to save space.)
OK. You're missing a step:

Use your link to get to the page with your picture:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/album.php?albumid=466&pictureid=3636

Now, hover the cursor over the picture and right click. (you can actually try it on the picture below)

Choose "view image"

This should open the picture in a plain window or tab, no V-bulletin formatting etc---just the photo.

This is the web address you want to use in your thread. Like this:

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom