The Recorded LIVE Playlist

I love the spontaneity and ambience of live recordings. Sometimes the sound quality isn't real great, sometimes it makes the recording. Live can be raw and unprocessed, live captures a moment, live gets you in there.

All this from listening to Pure Prairie League - Live! Takin' the Stage. :D

Pure_prairie_league.jpg

Last edited:
61%2BkFBNqaaL._SS500_.jpg

Produced by Norman Granz this 4 lp set was recorded live (Jazz at the Philharmonic). As noted by OP, sometimes live really works :yes:

Duke Ellington emcees and intros the musicians and their solos. Starts with Oscar Peterson trio and variously includes Zoot Sims, Paul Gonsalves, Coleman Hawkins, T-Bone Walker, Duke Ellington band, Ella Fitzgerald, and others. The intros personalize the artists and the music . . . educational with a sense of "being there". :music:

picture.php

Roger

Santana and Buddy Miles Live. Recorded in 1972, at the "Sunshine '72 Festival", inside Diamond Head crater.

The recording on this album isn't that great. But the energy feeding between the crowd and band makes up for it. Sounds great cranked!

Santana_Buddy-Miles_Live.jpg

Last edited:
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Concord On a Summer Night

Recorded at the Concord Pavilion in his home town at the closing of the 14th Concord Jazz Festival in August of 1982.

This is one of those incredible Brubeck recordings that every true fan should enjoy. 8:50 minutes of live Take Five goodness!

Concord_summer_night.jpg

Last edited:
Carl,

I was thinking of starting a thread of this type myself. You beat me to it, man. If you can get one of the admins to transfer the live recordings I've reported in the "daily" (i.e., Monday-Sunday) play lists over the couple of years, this thread will be at the 1,000+ replies mark in a matter of minutes.

Carl,

I was thinking of starting a thread of this type myself. You beat me to it, man. If you can get one of the admins to transfer the live recordings I've reported in the "daily" (i.e., Monday-Sunday) play lists over the couple of years, this thread will be at the 1,000+ replies mark in a matter of minutes.

Edwin,

I love live stuff and there are a zillion little posts all over AK. Hopefully we can consolidate some of them or at least make it easier to find. As for transferring a 1000+ replies, that would be cool but... that means I'd have to read all them all. And if not... that means you'd have to repost them all. :D Whatever works.

George Benson - In Concert-Carnegie Hall, Guest: Herbert Laws.

Excellent almost bluesy at times live recording before he became "mainstream."

Benson_CarnegieHall.jpg

Last edited:
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant (Unledded) - No Quarter, 1994.

I'm kinda on the fence with this one. The bluesy songs work very well, while on others Plant's voice drives me nuts. One band that needs to be plugged in to sound great.

Jimi-Page_Robert-Plant_No_quarter.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom