Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I guess this is as good a time as any to make my first post here! I have to agree on the Legacy Audio Signature III's --- bought mine new in June 2002 (after lusting for them for several years) and have NO DESIRE to let them go! While adding a separate subwoofer may not be required, my listening room sounds (FEELS!!) pretty dang good with the addition of a Definitive Technology Powerfield 1800 subwoofer finishing off the extreme bottom end.

Welcome aboard,Kid.

After 8 years with your Legacys,can you be certain that this isn't a fleeting infatuation? :D

Welcome aboard,Kid.

After 8 years with your Legacys,can you be certain that this isn't a fleeting infatuation? :D

I'm pretty darn sure that there are better speakers out there, but I've loved these speakers since day 1 and my bank account doesn't allow me to be fickle! :D

The Sansui AS-300 acoustic suspension speakers I just got after 4.5 years of extensively searching. It's a love affair!

They need some TLC: a crossover rebuild, some dioxit etc, a major cloth grill scrubbing (but the grill cloth is perfect), but all is well! Cabinets are fine, just a couple little nicks in the back bottom.

I just love to look at em! Even when the whole system is turned off! LOL :>)

'FINALLY' got a pair of these 'all elusive', just can never find, speakers!!!!!!!

Last edited:
epi 100

I have EPI 100's, 4 of them, circa 1971.....all four have been re-furbished, and sound great.....only speakers I will ever own...thanks to Humanspeakers, made in N.H. I will never part with these great sounding speakers

I will never sell my Martin Logan Summits...

Everything else is fair game. Though I may have a line on a mint
pair of Quad 57's. if I get my hands on those, they will be keepers
as well!

Wouldn't mind a pair of those B&W 801's too! They are sending us the D
version this fall for review, but don't know if I'd be able to buy em!!

+1 on the Martin Logans....

I don't think i can ever sell my 4 DIY pairs, who wants to buy some no name speakers from unknown internet designers, even if they compete with commercial designs costing 4 times more. :thmbsp:

What speakers you own and will never sell, why?

What speakers you want to own to keep, why?

me:
NHT 3.3 - classic, wanted it since I was young.
B&W 801 or 802 - looks awesome
JM Lab Mezzo Utopia - look and sound amazing

I assume this does not count divorces.:D

I know they aren't the best out there, but my B&W DM110is have been with me for some 17 years and I don't think I'll ever be able to sell them. And I hope I'll never have to sell my Solosound electrostatics...

My hybrid Altec-Vega Model 14s

reason I'll never sell, Sound great and butt ugly!
who would buy a pair of dummstered model 14s with
CV woofs? (bad finish and busted grill covers)
(I wouldn't either but they were free:)

After 20 years of not being used at all, I just got one of my JBL 4311WX speakers fully
working, using a 100 watt amp, and it sounds really great. I just ordered the foam
for the tweets. Other speaker has a bad tweet and mid. I was able to use a pair of
alligator clips and got the tweet to have ohm reading so all I have to do is buy a
low watt solder iron and install a new wire. I have a ebay bid in on a le5-2, but Im
really disgusted that there are November old bids for 30-50 bucks for TWO speakers
and now everyone wants 75 bucks for just ONE !!!!!!!! Greedy people or supply and
demand??? I have the bid at 49.99 but I now hope someone else out bids me.

I have a small recording setup with KRK rockit5 speakers and sterling audio st51
mic and a barringer 1202fx board and a maudio Fast track pro and I like to sing and
play guitar. Im thinking that the JBL's were made for playing back recorded music,
and after 20 years of no use, it will be really nice to get them going again.

I have a ebay bid in on a le5-2, but Im
really disgusted that there are November old bids for 30-50 bucks for TWO speakers
and now everyone wants 75 bucks for just ONE !!!!!!!! Greedy people or supply and
demand??? I have the bid at 49.99 but I now hope someone else out bids me.

No, unspoken rule. When you want to sell or check, bids are always low. When you want to buy, everyone else is looking and prices go up.

Greedy people? Naw, JBL's drivers a quality so they do cost but you don't have to buy those particular ones, but you'll have to wait or hunt for the right deal if budget is an issue. There are lots of these drivers out there, but there are also lots of owners who are looking for them too.

Good Hunting and getting your JBL's restored. They are worth the cost.

The sp I'll never sell and that will not sell ever is my current use one. Hi-Vi's metallic full-range coupled with polypropylene (I'll replace them with metallic ones) woofer. The two are different both in efficiency and impedance and built on a box that were origilally used as JBL216pro. I'm going to include a backchamber made of very thick vinyl chloride pipe. I'll drive them by bi-aming system, and I know none will be interested in owning these junky's-made sp's other than the inventor.

Last edited:
I don't think i can ever sell my 4 DIY pairs, who wants to buy some no name speakers from unknown internet designers, even if they compete with commercial designs costing 4 times more. :thmbsp:

:thmbsp: I will never sell my first Econowave Advents. I'll make more and sell those instead. These speakers are special.

Though they're probably not the "world's greatest speakers" I doubt I'll ever part with my Altec Model Nines. I've had 'em for 30 years now...and the sentimental attachment is way too strong. Plus...when my wife first heard them I was feeding them Steely Dan thru a tube Fisher. I am now forbidden to part with them.

As far as acquiring something new? Well...I've been powerfully impressed with my little $10 ADS L-10s...so if I ever get the right scratchoff I'd seek out a pair of BIG ADS just to see what they can do.

My pair Cerwin of Vega U-321 (HED)that I bought new they can bury with me.

With hard rock/metal music taste and liking vintage equipment they'll never leave. Have changed a lot of electronics and several 2nd speaker pairs, but they'll stay.

i built a subwoofer ported with internal volume 1.4 cu feet approx.what should be the port tuning to get the best response.i have tried almost all lengts of 3.5 inch diameter port from 4 inch length to 18 inch length.shorter length makes sound boomy and long length is good at low freq but dips in upper bass freq

Back
Top Bottom