Audio in Mike Tyson's Abandoned Mansion

TAGO MAGO

Abandoned_Mansion_Of_Mike_Tyson_22.jpg

While none of it is horrendous, you would have expected better equipment for some reason. I might have left it there as well. I can't say the construction of the wall unit does much for me.

Agreed, maybe that's why it was left behind. That shelving was seriously constructed inside a mansion?

I know I had millions of dollars. Lets see Here is a receipt for socks and a shirt. Here is my hi-fi stereo equipment. I dunno what happened to all my money ?:no:

At the time he lived there he could have afforded anything, but he obviously wasn't interested in high-end gear. The house was later sold to rapper 50 Cent who installed many mods, one being a home theater which probably consisted of above-average stuff. The house is now for sale again. Any takers?

i remember one time me and some friends got all f***ed up and accidentally stole Mike Tyson's tiger

ill bet the folks nextdoor wish it would burn down :D

Who would torch such a testament to great taste.

tyson-1-520x422.jpg
mike-tyson-abandoned-mansion.jpg

mike_tyson_abandoned_mansion_33.jpg

I can only imagine how much it would cost to get that place looking somewhat up to date as well as what damage has been done just from it sitting empty. I am particularly partial to the indoor (cess)pool. It is oh so 80's in the worst possible way. One thing to ask yourself when redecorating: "Will I be able to live with this in ten years".

Who would torch such a testament to great taste.

tyson-1-520x422.jpg
mike-tyson-abandoned-mansion.jpg

mike_tyson_abandoned_mansion_33.jpg

I can only imagine how much it would cost to get that place looking somewhat up to date as well as what damage has been done just from it sitting empty. I am particularly partial to the indoor (cess)pool. It is oh so 80's in the worst possible way. One thing to ask yourself when redecorating: "Will I be able to live with this in ten years".

Oof.:no:

It's probably what someone put in there for some cheap thrills after all the good stuff disappeared. If you look closely at the back wall of the empty top shelf it almost looks like a couple of IR emitters there. IMO, generally wouldn't have that sort of thing set up for the gear you see pictured there.

Last edited:
Very fond of institutional, auditorium architecture ... are we?

I know, that room with the big screen projection TV looks like it should be in a very garishly decorated hotel and conference center circa 1985. While on one of the websites, it was confirmed that is actually the interior of his home, it actually looks more like a public building of some sort. It's as if he said, yeah, I want the best decorator around. Who did the local Sheraton, I want them."

I take it that was his disco room. All I can picture is that scene in "The Jerk" where the soon to be broke millionare Steve Martin character leaves and ends up with just a Thermos. "I don't need any of this stuff, except for this paddle ball game, the remote control and this chair...."

It's probably what someone put in there for some cheap thrills after all the good stuff disappeared. If you look closely at the back wall of the empty top shelf it almost looks like a couple of IR emitters there. IMO, generally wouldn't have that sort of thing set up for the gear you see pictured there.

I thought that at first, but I think those are two ends to a wire type FM T-antenna. Apparently he took the receiver with him. Of course someone did not install those shelves for cheap thrills, although they did have a facade on the front that in some of the pics you can see tossed to the side. Still pretty poor construction, although I've been in some of the McMansions built over the last 30 years and that is about the level of craftsmanship I would expect.

Hey, I like the rack!! Wish I had it, it was Mike Tyson's!! Get him to write "this was my rack" on it in gold oil pen and autograph it!! Cool. Very Cool. :>)

It is oh so 80's in the worst possible way. One thing to ask yourself when redecorating: "Will I be able to live with this in ten years".

I could live with it. But I wouldn't want to pay the bills.

Last edited:
what is the thing on the bottom shelf ?

looks like it has 4 meters built into it

Hey, I like the rack!! Wish I had it, it was Mike Tyson's!! Get him to write "this was my rack" on it in gold oil pen and autograph it!! Cool. Very Cool. :>)

Will gold pen really show up all that well on plywood?

It looks like furniture I built out of the cheapest stuff from Lowe's when I was in college. The two warped shelves are also a nice touch. I wonder if it has any bent nails in it.

Well, who knows if better gear was let go and cheaper gear replaced it due to the financial erosion taking place... We also don't know if there was some covering to those shelves that was removed, exposing bare plywood.

In any case, as TAGO MAGO said, it really does look like a Sheraton interior architect was consulted for that "living room". Nightmarish mid 80's look, no doubt. Just goes to show you how you can have tons of money and practically no taste whatsoever. ;)

Back
Top Bottom