fisher 500c dial glass

The "rubber" spacer/gasket behind is is sticking to the glass and the frame. Take a thin XACTO BLADE (#11) and slide it CAREFULLY between the glass and the rubber. Do not try and pry it off once you get one side done. IT WILL BREAK! Slide the blade down between BOTH sides then lift it off.

Larry

The "rubber" spacer/gasket behind is is sticking to the glass and the frame. Take a thin XACTO BLADE (#11) and slide it CAREFULLY between the glass and the rubber. Do not try and pry it off once you get one side done. IT WILL BREAK! Slide the blade down between BOTH sides then lift it off.

Larry

thanks!!!!

Larry,

Way old tread, but I trying to remove my glass for cleaning. It is stuck on there pretty good as I guess is normal.

To use the exacto blade do you pull the dial lamps first?

Are these lamps still available if I break one?

Rick

Thanks Thorne! I did indeed find them late last night. Also found the thread on cleaning which was great, however I think i am just going to clean the front of the glass for now and see how it looks with new felt. I would hate to ruin the back side trying to clean.

I decided to leave the dial glass on my 500B as is. I like the 55 years worth of life on the back side. It’s a time capsule that will never be revealed.

Glad I am not the only chicken. Put in the new felt and that was a big improvement along with cleaning the face plate. You can see the dust on the back especially at the sides were the light is brightest. That part you can clean fairly easily, but I’m going to call it done for now.

Glad I am not the only chicken. Put in the new felt and that was a big improvement along with cleaning the face plate. You can see the dust on the back especially at the sides were the light is brightest. That part you can clean fairly easily, but I’m going to call it done for now.
Oh but we know you want it perfect when you look at it in the relaxing evening listening hours.

Oh but we know you want it perfect when you look at it in the relaxing evening listening hours.

I do like perfect, but the little voice in my head (the one I usually ignore) said you better go slow Joe. This might be a wintertime project. It will eventually get done.

Well, just to close the loop. Cleaned the front glass and added new weatherstripping. Not perfect, but ok for now.

My wife looked at it tonight and thought the Fisher logo etc was cool.

41B1A4DF-5887-4735-9782-256BD450245B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom