I am quitter - 16 days and counting...

Hang in there! I quit 4 years ago and don't miss it one bit. In fact I can't stand the smell anymore either.

Good for you. I've smoked... well forever and I've quit twice with the first time I stopped for a year and a half. I gained 40lbs which is why I'm scared to quit again. I will quit this week and my plan is to cut back till I'm down to one per day then all together. I'll do this all the time while exercising and consciously controlling my eating. I'm so glad spring is here so I can start.

My reward... I plan on saving my smokes money and get a nice shiny amp. I know it sounds funny to go through all this but nicotine addiction is the devil.

About that gaining weight ... Nicotine influences the metabolisim. Smokers metabolize the food worse than nonsmokers (simplified..). When u quit smoking, after a while your metabolism normalizes and takes ~ 20% (individually differing) more efford out of the stuff u put in u'r oven. If you want to stay the way u are, u will have to reduce ur meals... that's all... u don't gain coz u quit smoking, u gain cause u eat more than u need after quitting :nono: exercising can't be wrong...

Usually people even start eating more after quitting (I know that...), eating can be getting fun when taste get's back... but it should be really reduced and controlled.

Good for you. I've smoked... well forever and I've quit twice with the first time I stopped for a year and a half. I gained 40lbs which is why I'm scared to quit again. I will quit this week and my plan is to cut back till I'm down to one per day then all together. I'll do this all the time while exercising and consciously controlling my eating. I'm so glad spring is here so I can start.

My reward... I plan on saving my smokes money and get a nice shiny amp. I know it sounds funny to go through all this but nicotine addiction is the devil.

Last edited:
Congratulations :thmbsp:, and hang in there with this. Beating an addiction is TOUGH, but if you want to do it and keep going, you will. Nothing beats good health; get through this, and you'll thank yourself for doing it.

The patch will keep you off the smokes, which is a big step in the right direction, but they're also keeping you hooked on nicotine, so they aren't the final solution. Are there any Alan Carr programs near you? I've had a couple friends quit successfully after attending them. Might be helpful to get you the rest of the way, off the patch(?).

GOOD LUCK! Prayers and wishes sent for your complete success in quitting! :thmbsp:

Yeah me!!! I'm still smoke free and it is getting easier and easier! Thanks for all your encouragement. There are many days I don't even put the patch on. I just forget about it so I will go a couple days in a row with out the patch. It seems as though I wear one more on the weekends when I have more idle time.

It's tough, but you CAN do it.

It does get easier as time goes on, :yes: but every so often the urge returns, even years in the future.

But don't kid yourself; you CANNOT have "just one". :nono:

Hey Danimal!

Sorry I missed this thread earlier. Just like to add my congrats too. Glad to hear you're doing well. Sorry to say, the Thorens is still not in service. :tears:

But don't kid yourself; you CANNOT have "just one". :nono:

+10

The wife had one last week and she beat herself up about it. I tried to console her that it is a marathon to quit and one hick-up is just that and to keep moving forward. Beating yourself up over a hick-up, in my mind, is an excuse to go back to smoking. Don't fall for it!

HAH What the hell are you waiting for? :D

Hey, I thought you were over drawing blood!! JK!! What I'm waiting for is a place which is too long of a boring story. Plus I keep getting side jobs, which I like, but take up time. I should at least put it into my analog-to-digital recording station to keep it excercised though. If I do, I'll shoot ya a picture. Have a good week. :D

Back
Top Bottom