Mc2505 almost done with recap

paulram

I used mostly Nichicon muse and Elnas on the audio boards and panasonic fc and the like in the power supply. I have the fliter caps to go and perhaps the meter borad as well. The first thing I noticed was how quiet the amplifier is now. Before , without any signal I could here the hiss noise without going too close to the speakers ,Now I can hardly hear any noise at all. I left the two smaller cans in position and mounted the replacement individuakl caps underneath the chassis. Pics soon.:

Mc has them for 100 bucks. the new part number is 066405. Now it seems they ran different batches with different values as I have seen them 10000uf 70 v and 15300 75 v, I believe. The originals on mine are9300/ 45 v. Mouser Electronics has a 9300/50 for 22 bucks or so so I opted for that because of the height which is just the same as the original. Higher values can be had but the cans are taller. Now here is the thing.The ones from mouser are less in diameter so it will require drilling the chassis which I am capable of doing , as the mounting holes are closer. When I am done It will be retrofittable back to the originals . Should you be curious the mounting code and dimension for the Cornell Dubiliers is CH and none of the electronics supply places have those. I did call CD and was told there is a minimum order of 30 and I would have to go through a distributor.( Business oportunity?) One other thing is the screw holes dont protrude out as much as the original so I still have to figure a way to mount them and keep them isolated from the chassis..maybe a grommet? In any case the part no. from Mouser is DCM932U50BH2A. The mx114 I also have and I went individual small caps and , I believed I parralled them to achieve the values. It doesnt look very Mclike but then again I dont see them because of the enclosure. At the time I recapped my 114 I made a mistake ,as I did not know much back then, and put general purpose caps in the audio path. I hope to revisit that later on.

Last edited:
My 114 acts up on one channel ,makes the one amp meter jump . I've tried different amps same thing. Both channels on the 114 have been recapped and new transistors. Any ideas where I could look next for the problem?

Last edited:
Caps in Mc2505

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg