Inside shots of your tuner

Omegaspeedy

Vinyl and FM lover:)
Don't you just love good engineering? Lets see the inside of your tuner.

Heres a few shots of my new Naim NAT05. I just love the massive power supply. It looks like it should have been made for an amplifier:thmbsp: Components seem good too.

Lets see your tuners insides both Vintage and new is all good!

Tuners are still a great viable source for enjoyable listening.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_3307.jpg
    IMG_3307.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_3316.jpg
    IMG_3316.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 423
That's a fantastic looking tuner, no doubt. I only have one decent shot of my Yamaha T720 just after I replaced the memory supercap and the power supply cap. The transformer in this thing is probably about the size of one of the Naim caps but it sounds good.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• New caps.jpg
    New caps.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
My Magnum Dynalab FT-101

attachment.php

Not massive, but nicely laid out and simple. This tuner sounds outstanding. Might get in there and recap with some Elna Silmic II someday.

Yamaha CT-1010:

DSCN6032.jpg

Yamaha CT-610II :p

CT610II.jpg

Yamaha CT-600 (this one's not mine)

CT-600.jpg

Radio Craftsmen C-810:

craftsmenC-810side.jpg

The best sounding tuners in the house are the Sherwoods; I don't have an inside photo of one - but this is the front of the S-2000 in the living room.

P1020751.jpg

You guys got some nice stuff! Let's bring it down a bit... :D

I just had my Realistic TM-7 FM tuner on the bench to diagnose intermittent operation. Seems two 500uF/15V caps in the power supply were to blame. Up and running again!

P5015880 edit.jpg

P5015867 edit.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful photos guys!!! Thanks for sharing. It's so cool seeing how different manufactures design and lay out their boards. Hopefully we'll see some more.

More of a receiver than a tuner, but my old shortwave always brings a smile to my face.

attachment.php

Inside one of my McIntosh MR78s before recap.

Attachments

• MR78botcoversoff.jpg
    MR78botcoversoff.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 61
  • MR78topcoversoff.jpg
    MR78topcoversoff.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 56
Onkyo T9090 II

Here's a picture I took before I replaced the audio coupling caps and output opamp.

Hey if you need some Sherwood pics, here's mine just before I put it to work. And one last one with it in full voice on a Sunday morning

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Sweet little tuner Craig!! Less IS more. George is sounding SWEET right now!

Solid Gold at the mo James. Shame about the compression though. Bfm earlier was excellent!
It's a pity someone doesnt stream some groovy overseas stations to a central dispersion center down here and then broadcast them out on FM!
There are some great stations streaming but I cant bring myself to spend any more $ on disposable technology.:D
Plus I love that FM sound:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Classic Hits at the mo James. Shame about the compression though. Bfm earlier was excellent!
It's a pity someone doesnt stream some groovy overseas stations to a central dispersion center down here and then broadcast them out on FM!
There are some great stations streaming but I cant bring myself to spend any more $ on disposable technology.:D
Plus I love that FM sound:thmbsp:

Yip good listening tonight between B and co! Same here with the streaming but would be cool to tap in to some international gems but we've got radio rema:banana: if your that way inclined. I'm not:D

Harma Kardon Citation 23

Here's some gut shots of her everyone. She's one of the best tuners i ever had.

Attachments

• DSC00542.jpg
    DSC00542.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00541.jpg
    DSC00541.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00544.jpg
    DSC00544.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom