Jazz Fusion Playlist

Cactus Bob

Desert Rat
Subscriber
It's been a long time coming and Jazz Fusion now has it's very own playlist.

"Jazz fusion is a musical genre that blends jazz, funk, rock & R&B rhythms with complex time signatures derived from non-Western music, typically using instrumental compositions with a jazz approach to lengthy group improvisations".

From Miles, Mahavishnu Orchestra, John McLaughlin, Shakti, Lifetime, Coryell, Cobham, Return to Forever, Weather Report, Jean-Luc Ponty, ECM artists, Soft Machine and beyond in any format; Vinyl, CD or whatever . . . bring it on!

Also feel free to share opinions/views and your concert experiences.

***** Photos are welcome but not essential. It's the music that matters most. *****

Larry Coryell at The Village Gate

Vanguard Records, 1971

Larry-Coryell-at-The-Village-Gate.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding, Bob!

Wish I'd seen this before my last post so forgive this double post!

Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea - Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy

albumcoverReturnToForeverFeaturingChickCorea-HymnOfTheSeventhGalaxy.jpg

Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller

Weather+Report+-+Mysterious+Traveller.jpg

The Stanley Clarke Band featuring Hiromi with Ruslan & Ronald Bruner

Stanley_Clarke-The_Stanley_Clarke_Band_3.jpg

Corea, Clarke & White - Forever

16417608.jpg

Outstanding, Bob!

Wish I'd seen this before my last post so forgive this double post!

Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea - Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy

albumcoverReturnToForeverFeaturingChickCorea-HymnOfTheSeventhGalaxy.jpg

Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller

Weather+Report+-+Mysterious+Traveller.jpg

The Stanley Clarke Band featuring Hiromi with Ruslan & Ronald Bruner

Stanley_Clarke-The_Stanley_Clarke_Band_3.jpg

Corea, Clarke & White - Forever

16417608.jpg

Thanks Art, Awesome Stuff!! Some of my favorites right there!!

I double post . . . it's all good!!

I've been wanting to do this for a long time and decided to jump in!! I'm a huge Fusion fan have seen many shows especially in the 70's & 80's.

Gary Husband ~ Dirty & Beautiful Volume 1

Abstract Logix

51L6%2BB%2BA4eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Long time keyboard/drummer for Holdsworth has an incredible line-up on this from Holdsworth, McLaughlin, Jan Hammer, Jerry Goodman, Steve Hackett, Robin Trower & many more.

Last edited:
Thanks Art, Awesome Stuff!! Some of my favorites right there!!

I double post . . . it's all good!!

I've been wanting to do this for a long time and decided to jump in!! I'm a huge Fusion fan have seen many shows especially in the 70's & 80's.

Gary Husband ~ Dirty & Beautiful Volume 1

Abstract Logix

51L6%2BB%2BA4eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Long time keyboard/drummer for Holdsworth has an incredible line-up on this from Holdsworth, McLaughlin, Jan Hammer, Jerry Goodman, Steve Hackett, Robin Trower & many more.

Hey Bob that disc looks really interesting. Is Mark King featured prominently throughout? He is one of my all time favorite bassists.

Hey Bob that disc looks really interesting. Is Mark King featured prominently throughout? He is one of my all time favorite bassists.

King only plays on one cut here. Husband was a member of Level 42 at one time with King.

Rain Tree Crow ~ Rain Tree Crow

I like David Sylvian a lot and need more of his material. I have David Sylvian & Robert Fripps "The First Day" on cassette. Great stuff. Need some Japan also. :thmbsp:

^^ Great tunes you guys!! :music:

Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group

Epic

I saw this concert in '76 at Comiskey Park on the South side of Chicago. There were 60k people to see Beck / Hammer as well as some other groups. Someone set the grandstands on fire, the fire spread quickly and engulfed the entire stage with smoke as Beck & Hammer were playing and they had to stop in the middle of a song and leave the stage until the fire department extinguished the fire. Almost an hour later they came back and finished the show. It was a wild scene!

https://www.nytimes.com/1976/07/11/archives/stadium-fire-in-chicago-forces-5000-to-evacuate.html

I surprised this video became available on Youtube.

Aqtlvgb.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom