Amy Winehouse R.I.P.

I found this link to Amy sitting on a chair singing a few songs in NY.
How could someone just sit there and sing like that?! What an amazing talent the world has lost.

From my little corner . . .

Not for Brian, not for Jimi, not for Janice, not for Jim; nor even for Momma Cass did I feel quite the hit that I felt when I heard about Amy – maybe for John Bonham. Amy may not have known which way was 'up', but boy did she ever have an old soul – and plenty of it!

R.I.P.
- Dave.

Attachments

• Amy.jpg
    Amy.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Heard the news on TV - my wife said 'She shouldn't have said no to rehab'.

Liked that song. She had a surprisingly deep voice for a little woman.

Pete

Heard the news on TV - my wife said 'She shouldn't have said no to rehab'.

Liked that song. She had a surprisingly deep voice for a little woman.

Pete

I remember my girlfriend, having seen a picture of Amy for the first time, after hearing her songs prior, saying "wait, I thought that was some 45 year old, 200lb black woman and its a little 20 year old jewish girl from England?" She may not have had much self control but she had a voice that seemed to have lived a longer life than she did.

While most of what needs saying has been said, I still am compelled to bemoan this tragedy. I liked much of her new material, but when she covered an old ballad... it was Wow and the song had a breath of new life.
Thanks to many of you for the links and thoughts as well.

What's the saying - in you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?

.......................:smoke:

That Russell Brand write up was a nice tribute, and treated the subject nicely without whitewashing what happened to her. He's a good writer- his book is very funny but also has a heart.

I remember my girlfriend, having seen a picture of Amy for the first time, after hearing her songs prior, saying "wait, I thought that was some 45 year old, 200lb black woman and its a little 20 year old jewish girl from England?" She may not have had much self control but she had a voice that seemed to have lived a longer life than she did.

Interesting. She doesn't a thing like a 45 yr old 200lb black woman to me.

Interesting. She doesn't a thing like a 45 yr old 200lb black woman to me.

Well, I personally thought she sounded like Ronnie Spector after a pack of smokes. Either way- not like a slight little Cockney girl barely 20 years old.

Not much left to do but listen. Thanks for all the links everybody.

IMG_2109.jpg

Back
Top Bottom