It's BACK!! Fantasy Football 2011!!

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
Who Hoo!!!
Time to play!!

I've launced the league again and have with all the returning managers it's almost full so if you want to play, don't wait!! There's only 14 spots and 11 are taken, so the next 3 guys are in. We play in Yahoo, so you need to have a Yahoo account and be signed in to join.

Here's the info for the league: AK2011

Sign up link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

League ID # 161737

Password : tubes

See ya there!!

Andy

We'll be as gentle as Ray Lewis is to quarterbacks...:D

Wow, this is filling quick; just one spot left!!

We'll be as gentle as Ray Lewis is to quarterbacks...:D

Wow, this is filling quick; just one spot left!!

Not any more.:no: :D
I just made it at #14. Probably predictive of my finish in the standings, too...

OK, lock and load 'em guys!!
All the info is online, but I probably will be using some of the new scoring options so watch for updates at the site.

Draft is live and two weeks from tonight. Order will be determined by the computer a few minutes beforehand, so last years standings, eve with 12 out of 14 returning doesn't matter.

14 spots? That's new, isn't it? More competition on the waiver wires, dammit! :D

I'm gonna be needin' those waiver wires since I have to auto draft. Why does work have to interfere with important stuff like my fantasy team?

I probably will be using some of the new scoring options so watch for updates at the site.

Hey! What are you going to change? I'm just getting my feet wet here and wasted a few hours last night trying to figure out how your custom scoring setup modified my pick rankings.

Needless to say I still don't have a clue so change it to whatever you'd like. I do know more FF crap about players I've never cared about though, so I've got that going for me...

Probably going to add some scoring for big plays on offense, like 40+ yards, and for some things on defense, like 3 and outs, tackles for losses, 4th down stops, just to sweeten it up.

More complexity, I like it! It would appear, using standard scoring options, which defense you pick (out of the top 14) really doesn't help much. Seems unfortunate that FF is so tilted towards scoring touchdowns since I'm more of a defense fan to begin with.

More complexity, I like it! It would appear, using standard scoring options, which defense you pick (out of the top 14) really doesn't help much. ....
Doesn't the strength of the defense you pick limit the scoring of your opponent? I guess I haven't deciphered this scoring yet.:scratch2:
As the other neophyte here, it looks like some homework is in store for me.

.... Seems unfortunate that FF is so tilted towards scoring touchdowns since I'm more of a defense fan to begin with.

Probably comes from growing up in the NFC central zone, or the "Division Formerly Known as the Black and Blue Division". Back when the Vikes D outscored some teams offenses.

Draft is Thursday so be there and ready,

Draft order is computer generated right before the draft, so it's pretty much on the fly. The order will snake 1-14,14-1,1-14, etc, just like it always does.

See you there!!!

Draft tomorrow night and I've updated the scoring categories to allow more impact from big plays and strong performances as well as include some new defense points opportunities.

We're gonna rock this year!!!

Doesn't the strength of the defense you pick limit the scoring of your opponent?

No. they operate on their own and have no interaction with players unless they are playing them in the real world. If your opponent had Peyton Manning and your defense was playing the Colts, then it would as they would get points for sacks and picks, but other wise not.

Defenses score their own points in various categories, mainly points allowed, turnovers and sacks. this year we've sweetened it by awarding points for 3 and outs, total yards allowed, and 4th down stops. Should be interesting!!!

Back
Top Bottom