Show us your Technics stuff

hardwareguy

I'll get this party started with my dedicated music system I use with the computer....pardon the pic, the lighting is poor.

PA210016.jpg

Equipment from top to bottom: SH-4060 timer, SU-8055 integrated amp, RS-M33 cassette deck (with Weird Al tape) and an ST-8055 digital tuner. The black thing on top is my Icom IC-208H VHF/UHF ham radio.

Technics ST 9038 tuner. FM only and no presets. Just one great sounding FM tuner.

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 291
Just one technics device, got it 2 nights ago.

technics8500.jpg

<hijack>

Flagship quad of the line ... almost as good as a Sansui ...

<BOO! HISS!! Who let this bum inna room?? >

(sorry bout that - devil made me say it) <G>

The sa-8500x had a unique option - "enhanced CD4". I remember reading up on that and wondering WTF ... I imagine it's just a signal boost in the circuit to drag the information out of worn tracks. If you've got any CD4 stuff laying about, be interesting to know how well it works, and also what effect if any it has on the noise floor.

</hijack>

Just scored this one ...

technics-sl23-004.jpg

Surprisingly robust for an entry level table. Quartz controlled belt drive, so a good choice for people who can't make up their mind if they want direct or belt drive. Kind of like the best of both worlds. New belt and clean the controls and it's a real performer.

Almost a freebie - the lenco lamp and cartridge are worth more than what I paid.

technics-sl23-arm.jpg

lencolamp.jpg

This thread delivers! :thmbsp:

I cant touch SVI's collection but let me dig out some more gear..... including my SA-DA10 (not exactly vintage, but the Pure Sound line was basically Technics' last series of receivers.)

Back
Top Bottom