2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

ehoove

Old & New - Carpe Diem
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
I was notified that my secret Santa renewed my Subscription to AK! :banana::banana:

Kinda hard to figure out who my secret Santa was, which I always thought was an added no cost value to the fun.

Come on what did you get?

Happy Holidays,
Jim

I shipped my gift on Thursday. Unfortunately, I was shipping from Canada to the states. A sticker is placed on the gift with my full name and address as well as the parcel contents for "customs" purposes. Therefore, not only is my recipients Santa not secret, but the fun of opening the gift will be deminished! Oh well, maybe he will really like his gift and it will not ruin his experience. Hmmm, if he hates the gift, he now knows who to blame. :scratch2:

I shipped my gift on Thursday. Unfortunately, I was shipping from Canada to the states. A sticker is placed on the gift with my full name and address as well as the parcel contents for "customs" purposes. Therefore, not only is my recipients Santa not secret, but the fun of opening the gift will be deminished! Oh well, maybe he will really like his gift and it will not ruin his experience. Hmmm, if he hates the gift, he now knows who to blame. :scratch2:

I hate it when customs dictates full disclosure..Maybe they think you might be mailing a weapon of mass distortion or something.:D

Mine went out Thursday AM, and the reindeer where bitching it was way to early to start. Rudolph said this S*** starts earlier every year!:D
Happy Holidays,
Jim

Ordered my SS gift with direct ship on Sunday.
Just my luck - I got the guy who has everything :scratch2: (but I think I've done good).

Secret Santa sent a virtual potpourri of goodies to me !
Some nice album sleeves, inner and outer - a mirrored alignment gauge, a Maglite Solitaire (for which I just happen to have an LED conversion kit on hand), a very special Rush CD copied right off the mixing console at a 1992 concert and a 'lil CD organizer!

I guess Santa read some of my posts cuz this stuff plugs right into my lifestyle!

Thanks Santa!

Mine came last week. Tradition required me to wait until at least the start of Advent to open it.

My Secret Santa sent me a wonderful book about the glory days of sports car racing. A wonderful and very thoughtful gift! My wife even pointed at a Chaparral 2E and said, "We've been in that car!"

Thank you, Secret Santa! Vroom, vroom!

Last edited:
just got mine, sounds terrific!

tomwaitsclosingtime180gram.jpg

Tom Waits - Closing Time
Asylum/Rhino 180Gram reissue

THANKS SANTA!

Mine is ordered. If I like it I may just keep it for myself and then I will have to send my recipient something else.:scratch2: :D

Probably a good thing I didn't draw your name...

Sweet lord...I shudder to think how that was advertised on tv:sigh:

You guys are making me feel really lazy...haven't gotten anything picked out yet. Well, I have an idea, but nothing concrete...lots of junk...er gifts around here:D

@Pioneervato, same problem here...i'm effectively shopping for myself, it'll make it all the harder to send it back out!

My guy was a bit tricky to buy for, so I just got him something I like.

Last edited:
I (we) got THESE!

IMG_0223.jpg

Don't be surprised if these fellas start making appearances around AK a la Amelie.

Thanks, Secret Santa! :thmbsp:

That was some good post searchin' since I only mentioned my wife's alma mater once.
Here's hoping the Colts win the Andrew Luck lottery.

Last edited:
I believe I drew the same AKer as I did last year but I think last year, I avoided being recognized. I had the gift sent directly this year, so hiding might be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom