Significance of a Beatles White Album with a serial number?

jgordon

I bought a number of LPs recently and one of them was a white album with a serial number stamped on the cover (A2205305).

Any reason for this?

Thanks

I bought a number of LPs recently and one of them was a white album with a serial number stamped on the cover (A2205305).

Any reason for this?

Thanks

Serial numbers on the white cover represents a first edition pressing.

and being as your number is way up in the 2 million area... it's just another Beatles album..

I have a couple with the number on it I got for cheap..

A was for America I think. The UK albums have "No" with the "o" underlined. Get a UK album, with or without the number, they sound better.

My good copy is numbered 2886708 and is on Capitol. My beater copy is numbered 1114521 and is on Capitol as well. :dunno:

Both of my copies are numbered 08xxxxx and are on Apple. The poster is copyrighted 1968. Both were bought new when originally released. FWIW there is a solid gray dot preceding the numbers.

I just picked up one for $2 at a garage sale stamped with No. 0641592. No posters but has one out of the possible six of the songs that were misspelled. “Rocky Raccoon” as “Rocky Racoon” It also has a gray dot before the number.

Last edited:

http://www.thebeatlesrarity.com/2012/09/26/collectors-corner-the-beatles-aka-the-white-album/

About 12 White Albums with the number 2,000,000 were printed to commemorate the milestone of 2,000,000 sold. These ended up in the hands of Capitol executives. Additionally about 12 were printed with the number A0000001 by the printer (Queens Litho) as souvenirs. All other numbers were only printed once.

Scroll down the page at the link above for more information and images about numbering on the White Album.

Back
Top Bottom