2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

I got a gift certificate to parts express, and a soldering iron tip! How in the world did he know? I don't think I posted anywhere that mine was kaput! Perhaps it is because my secret santa was Nelson Pass, and he knows everything.

How does that work??

Interesting...I mailed a while ago and haven't received any verification that it was received, even if it wasn't opened....no post here from the recipient.

No Secret Santa here, just us chickens!

HOT DAMN! I got 8 'mo gigabytes to fill up with pics on my new camera!! That oughtta come in handy on my cruise next month!! :yes:

Thanks SS! :banana:
Hmmm...would it be wrong to say "you're welcome"? I'm just thrilled to hear that those will be useful! :thmbsp:

I got my SS gift today in the mail!!! Interestingly, I was looking at new coffee pots today after I booked early from work as I start my two week Christmas vacation. Good thing I didn't buy one as this one was waiting for me in my mail box. I am anxious to try this one out since this type of coffee maker is new to me. Now I gotta go out and buy some course ground coffee or, better yet, get a coffee grinder instead as I have always wanted to grind my own.

Thanks, Minnesota Santa!!! :scratch2: :D :yes:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ssgift.jpg
    ssgift.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 161
I got my SS gift today in the mail!!! Interestingly, I was looking at new coffee pots today after I booked early from work as I start my two week Christmas vacation. Good thing I didn't buy one as this one was waiting for me in my mail box. I am anxious to try this one out since this type of coffee maker is new to me. Now I gotta go out and buy some course ground coffee or, better yet, get a coffee grinder instead as I have always wanted to grind my own.

attachment.php

You're going to love that! My parents gave me one for Christmas last year. Until then I'd been using a super-tiny one that barely made one mug of coffee.

Hey, I've got one just like that! :)

I use it every day. The French Press is widely acknowledged among coffee snobs (afficionados?) to be one of the simplest ways to brew a very fine cup of coffee. Freshly ground, freshly roasted coffee will yield best results. :thmbsp:

Hey, I've got one just like that! :)

I use it every day. The French Press is widely acknowledged among coffee snobs (afficionados?) to be one of the simplest ways to brew a very fine cup of coffee. Freshly ground, freshly roasted coffee will yield best results. :thmbsp:

What a coincidence, eh?

Just brewed my first cup. Works mighty fine. I went to Wally world and bought a Mr. Coffee grinder and a bag of whole coffee beans, ground up some on the "course" setting, followed the simple directions for the french press and it worked a lot better than I anticipated. In the morning I'm gonna brew about 4 cups worth and relax before I head out to run some errands.

Thanks, Nate...er...Secret Santa! Cool beans! :D.

Got mine today. Santa did his reading I see. :yes:

Got a good sized box (shipped 2 day! you didn't have to do that Santa but thanks :thmbsp: ). Shook it and it didn't yelp or squeak at me, figured that was either a good sign or a bad one, then opened it up. Inside were several issues of Tape OP (a recording magazine) A set of retractable Zildan drum brushes (which means I don't have to use my vintage ones that belonged to the head of the navy band or some such like that, the bands bassist got them at an estate sale, cool but delicate, they will be put away for special use now) A book called "Creative Sound Recording on a Budget" (that right there should be the name of my little studio) :D , A roll of duct tape (would you believe I just finished off my roll two weeks ago?) and a new 14" Remo Coated Ambassador drum head (of which I just ran out of three weeks ago when I changed the head on my snare, Santa is psychic apparently).

Thanks for the awesome gift. :thmbsp:

I received a soundstage direct gift card. That's about as good of a gift as I could have asked for. Thanks Santhony!

I just received another gift that I think is from my secret santa. It was sent from my favorite restaurant, a T-shirt (in the color I didn't have) and a gift certificate. I have no idea how they know, I think that it is probably mentioned in two posts, or .0149% of them.

I just received another gift that I think is from my secret santa. It was sent from my favorite restaurant, a T-shirt (in the color I didn't have) and a gift certificate. I have no idea how they know, I think that it is probably mentioned in two posts, or .0149% of them.

1000th visit certificate? (Aussie grin)

Nothing delivered here yet. I'm patient though. I just worry if something has been sent and lost after my S.S. spent the time and money to pick out something nice.

Nothing delivered here yet. I'm patient though. I just worry if something has been sent and lost after my S.S. spent the time and money to pick out something nice.

As stated back a page or 3, the border can cause delays in this stuff. You may have a gift sitting in quarantine in Can-AM purgatory.

Back
Top Bottom