Attention Fairchild Freaks!

I have to learn a little more about Fairchild.
I passed on some stuff a year ago. :sigh:

Steve

I have a Fairchild 412-1A TT with a Shure/SME 3009 tonearm that I bought back in the mid-1960's. It's very well made with a Pabst-Hysteresis motor and dual belt drive. One from the motor to an intermediate idler and the second from the idler around the circumference of the platter. The platter is super heavy and rides on a machined ball at the end of it's shaft in an oil filled well. Currently not in service but might be soon in a dedicated music room I am in the process of setting up.

For that turntable and tonearm?!?

loL, sorry man, I just don't know the significance, among a million other things I don't know about.

What IS the big deal, I think i would just toss it out not knowing any better.

the only Fairchild i know was semiconductors and they went out of business and had to find replacements or something on that line.

and to be exact, they (transistors) where in like the very first Rockford fosgate car amps.

Anything Fairchild or Rek-O-Kut is going to get some serious attention. Especially the Fairchild stuff - it's very collectible. Anything old, heavy and obviously well-built should be researched before going in the dustbin...

Back
Top Bottom