Doors Soft Parade

burmashave

I just ordered a copy from Music Direct. $11.99 on the closeout tab for Rhino 180 gram. For $11.99, I'm jumping in. According to the site, it's remastered by the guy who did the original mastering. Just thought I'd share for any other Doors fans. FWIW, I have found the original Doors albums I have to be some of the most musically excellent, fidelity wise albums in my substantial collection. Don't know if it's an Elektra Records thing, but they are the bomb.

I own a bunch of Rhino's recent vinyl reissues and haven't been disappointed by any of them. They usually hire the best in the business to do the vinyl cutting... Kevin Gray, Doug Sax, Bernie Grundman, Chris Bellman, etc.

That's it, now ya went and did it. I just had to hear LA Woman

The Stereo is pushed aside to make room for all the family tomorrow, but I still got my cans hooked up. :thmbsp:

I have the box set (got it at a helluva discount at Best Buy after it sat on the shelf for two years). Great quality on all of the discs.

Yea I was going to say, aren't all the 180 gram Doors LPs the cuts found in the Rhino Box Set? I've heard excellent excellent things about the box set. I'm a huge Doors fan so I'm saving up for the actual box set.

They feature the 40th anniversary mixes too? I have all of the 40ths on the CDs, I think the mixes are awesome. All the BMA releases are awesome too.

Yea I was going to say, aren't all the 180 gram Doors LPs the cuts found in the Rhino Box Set? I've heard excellent excellent things about the box set. I'm a huge Doors fan so I'm saving up for the actual box set.

They feature the 40th anniversary mixes too? I have all of the 40ths on the CDs, I think the mixes are awesome. All the BMA releases are awesome too.

I don't think they're the 40th anniversary remixes, but I'm not positive. My only gripe about the box is that they didn't include the mono version of "Strange Days" - I wish Rhino would at least release it separately.

I had the Strange Days mono back in 1967 when I had one of those little suitcase players. Good thing I still don't have that copy, although I guess it would be better than no copy. :tears: There are many unique mono mixes on their 45's too, check out Light My Fire and not just for the single edit.

Nothing beats the sound of that first album though, after that album they changed the gear in the studio, went from tube to solid state IIRC.

I guess I can't understand why anybody would prefer a mono anything of The Doors.

Elektra's stereo recording techniques were so good I always wanted the stereo versions.

Doug

I have the Rhino box set and it's pretty darn good. I'm sure they are dumping them now that it's been announced Chad Kassim at Acoustic Sounds is pressing all the Doors stuff from original tapes on 45 RPM vinyl. I'm guessing it'll probably beat the Rhino stuff. Rhino can shine at times, but I've found them to drop the ball on a few occasions.

I just got my copy of the Doors " Soft Parade" Has a defect on track 3 sd A. I have NO luck buying NEW lps...:no:
Playing SD B now...

Thanks,
John.

SD B OK..it is funny I recently bought 50 used lps and (1) out of them was not playable, ALL the rest were great! Goes to say they don't make stuff like they use too!

I cleaned it again and removed the piece of plastic, you can still hear the pop but it does not skip now.:D

Oh well, I guess I could return it and hope the next one is OK...:scratch2:

If you want 'The Soft Parade' then this is all you need to look for....Big E Red Label...Plenty to choose from, and a Clean one can be had for less then a Re-Issue...

51503319.jpg

If you want 'The Soft Parade' then this is all you need to look for....Big E Red Label...Plenty to choose from, and a Clean one can be had for less then a Re-Issue...

51503319.jpg

I still have my original copy I bought when it came out.:thmbsp:
I thought the 180gram would sound better...
Thanks,
John.:music::D

Back
Top Bottom