2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!!!! . . . recieved my gift-cert to SoundStageDirect last nite via e-mail . . . a very apropo AND generous offering . . . well played SS! . . . okay, goin to SSD now, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Productive Festivus, and a general warm wish to all for a very safe, happy & healthy New Year!

Jim

Thanks Secret Santa!! :thmbsp: I received an email confirmation for an Amazon.com gift certificate along with this message:

to: Mech986
I was reading your guilty musical pleasure posts and thought that if you are like me, you would never spend real money on things like that. So here is a bit to get your guilty groove on with. Or anything else that would make your season a bit more fun.

Anonymous ;^)

Heh, luv it! My post was from 2005! Anyway, this will come in very handy as I was just researching another "guilty pleasure" on Amazon and I'll be ordering this later today - the Britcom "Are You Being Served?" Complete DVD Collection. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks Very Much, Secret Santa! :banana::banana::banana: :bigok:

I gotta say that my secret Santa was perfect. The timing was exquisite - package arrived yesterday, the last mail day for us before Christmas. Seeing as it was just one day from Christmas (we always open our presents on Christmas eve), I figured it just seemed right to wait for Christmas to open it. You cannot believe my surprise and delight when I opened the package and found a black T-Shirt with the S.H.A.D.O. logo on it. Yes, Santa had gone through my old posts and found I was a fan of Gerry Anderson's U.F.O. The truly funny part is that just last week I had been searching online for a U.F.O. T-Shirt, and almost went and ordered the same one. Santa was reading my mind!

On top of that, I received a gift certificate to Sondstage Direct, which will go towards a copy of the newly released Beach Boys "Smile" album.

Anyhow, thanks Secret Santa! Your presents could not have been better!

I hope my SS got his gift before Christmas. He should have anyway. I got a very nice gift card from Amazon and will have fun looking for something interesting to buy. Thank you Secret Santa!

WOW!...I'm speechless! Thank you Santa!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 119
I gotta say that my secret Santa was perfect. The timing was exquisite - package arrived yesterday, the last mail day for us before Christmas. Seeing as it was just one day from Christmas (we always open our presents on Christmas eve), I figured it just seemed right to wait for Christmas to open it. You cannot believe my surprise and delight when I opened the package and found a black T-Shirt with the S.H.A.D.O. logo on it. Yes, Santa had gone through my old posts and found I was a fan of Gerry Anderson's U.F.O. The truly funny part is that just last week I had been searching online for a U.F.O. T-Shirt, and almost went and ordered the same one. Santa was reading my mind!

On top of that, I received a gift certificate to Sondstage Direct, which will go towards a copy of the newly released Beach Boys "Smile" album.

Anyhow, thanks Secret Santa! Your presents could not have been better!

:thmbsp: hope it fits! Happy holidays friend.

Santa got here today and brought me a nice little sampler of hot sauces. Looks like my secret santa found my "Worlds Greatest Hot Sauce" thread. :D

Thank you very much Santa, you have given me months of enjoyment. :thmbsp:

Had a nice 180gr copy of Jeff Beck's "Rock and Roll Party" arrive yesterday. Santa must have done a little homework or a lucky guess. It has been posted in AK that I am a Beck fan, and a Les Paul fan. Also a big fan of 50's music. Perfect fit.

Thanks, Santa.

Had a nice 180gr copy of Jeff Beck's "Rock and Roll Party" arrive yesterday. Santa must have done a little homework or a lucky guess. It has been posted in AK that I am a Beck fan, and a Les Paul fan. Also a big fan of 50's music. Perfect fit.

Thanks, Santa.

I've seen that "party" on DVD and if you like 50's style rock-n-roll music, it's not one to miss besides seeing and hearing Imelda May is a treat in itself.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2011-12-28-21h08m24s128.jpg
    vlcsnap-2011-12-28-21h08m24s128.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 21
  • vlcsnap-2011-12-28-21h09m51s161.jpg
    vlcsnap-2011-12-28-21h09m51s161.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 19
Thought I would thaw out some left-over turkey today and make some turkey soup for my wife and daughter. I just finished up and that aroma of Christmas turkey filled the air once again. Just then, my doorbell rang and a delivery man was standing at the door with a good size box in his hand. Like a kid on Christmas day, I signed for it as quick as I could, brought it inside and opened it up. I darn near cried as what was contained inside was a Kenwood Kt 5500 tuner in pristine condition! It wasn't just the tuner itself that caused the emotion, it was the fact that my Secret Santa took the time to pick out just the right gift. Yes, I have been a big Kenny fan since 1974 and continue to preciously hold onto them while other products have come and gone.
I already have a plan for this one. A few years back I purchased a Marantz 1040 integrated amp that I have always wanted to use on my computer desk due to it's size (small footprint) but have held off doing so as I needed a tuner that was about the same size. The 5500 will do the job quite nicely. Now I can get rid of the BPC unit that I am using now and replace it with some silver faced class. I can't wait until my wife gets home to show it to her. At least if she does not like my turkey soup, she cannot ruin my special extra Christmas day!!
God Bless you RayW :thmbsp::thmbsp:

Gotta spread the credit here. It wouldn't have been possible at all without AKer jhoak helping out. Thanks, Jeff!

There were a lot of great Secret Santa's and their elves scurrying around this season, that's what makes it so fun!

Back
Top Bottom