2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Coming up on 'Little Christmas'...

... and several people haven't been heard from.

If you haven't posted to this thread, please watch for my pm.

I got three CDs. Seems like they are decent. Can't recall them off the top of my head, but I'm looking forward to listening to one of them. Not crazy about the other two CDs. But thanks Santa! :)

OK... time for the harassment to begin. I received my gift, and even posted my results... in the 2010 thread! Silly me! :D

Actually, I received my gift on 12/12 - a really cool gift certificate to 'Acoustic Sounds!' I am looking for some CDs currently, and this will come in handy. So, to whom I received the gift from, thanks!

Received my SS gift in the mail a while back. Holiday season around here is no holiday or picnic though :D The wife has a list but it's not for Santa it's for me and it's a to do list. :no:

I received a sealed record set called Miles from India. The music of Miles Davis performed by musicians from India. Quite interesting stuff and something I would have picked up back in the days when record stores had records. Went to HMV this weekend to look for some music and wow was I ever disappointed. 90% of the stores stock was DVDs. :sigh:

Received my SS gift in the mail a while back. Holiday season around here is no holiday or picnic though :D The wife has a list but it's not for Santa it's for me and it's a to do list. :no:

I received a sealed record set called Miles from India. The music of Miles Davis performed by musicians from India. Quite interesting stuff and something I would have picked up back in the days when record stores had records. Went to HMV this weekend to look for some music and wow was I ever disappointed. 90% of the stores stock was DVDs. :sigh:

I am glad to see that you got your SS gift. With all that goes on around here during the holidays I was hoping that it didn't get lost in the mail. Glad to hear that it would have been something you would have picked up. I hope you enjoy.

I am glad to see that you got your SS gift. With all that goes on around here during the holidays I was hoping that it didn't get lost in the mail. Glad to hear that it would have been something you would have picked up. I hope you enjoy.

Hope yours shows up soon. I packed it in an Amazon CD shipping box and it was clearly addressed so it shouldn't have gone missing, unless someone got sticky fingered between here and there. :scratch2: I have seen things take two weeks though and not during Xmas rush so there is a good chance it is still en route.

Had to revisit this thread now that I've been through the CDs a couple times each and thank Dr*Santa again.

I was never much of a Wings fan but the Laurence Juber (guitarist for Wings) is a great collection of Wings' hits done with solo acoustic guitar. It's not something I would typically sit down a listen to but is fantastic background music for the times when I want something going.

Toy Matinee didn't ring a bell until I listened to the opening track (Last Plane Out) and recalled it from back in the old days. It's a mixture of intellectual prog rock with big hair guitar riffs and is a great listen. I thought it was pretty good when I listened at home on the main system and then I took it on the road and it's great driving music.

The Pat Donohue is simply outstanding. There's no other way to describe it. I love acoustic blues and this has jumped way up into my list of go to discs for that genre.

Thanks again, Warren!

Got my gift a couple of days ago but I've had Real Life (tm) issues that kept me from posting here.

I got a box with some new tunes. Three CD's:

Laurence Juber - One Wing
Pat Donohue - Big Blind Bluesy
Toy Matinee - S/T

I haven't had a chance to put any of them on the stereo, but I know who my SS was and knowing his music tastes (we sat at the last fest for over an hour listening to stuff) I'm really going to enjoy them.

Thanks, Dr*Santa!!! :D

I am sorry I didn't post this sooner, every time I sat down, someone or something interrupted me.

I got my Secret Santa gift last Saturday. When I saw the box I thought that maybe I got a music CD, the box looked like one of those mailers. So I was excited thinking what I was going to be listening to. As I started to open the package I realized that there was not a CD in the box. I proceeded to pull the packaging out, wondering if there was actually anything in the box. Then I found it.

My Secret Santa did his/her homework. They knew that I loved cars, especially the one sitting in my garage, my 1972 Chevelle.

My gift was a really cool "Chevelle" pin.

Thank you Secret Santa....I know exactly where that pin is going.

I am sorry I didn't post this sooner, every time I sat down, someone or something interrupted me.

I got my Secret Santa gift last Saturday. When I saw the box I thought that maybe I got a music CD, the box looked like one of those mailers. So I was excited thinking what I was going to be listening to. As I started to open the package I realized that there was not a CD in the box. I proceeded to pull the packaging out, wondering if there was actually anything in the box. Then I found it.

My Secret Santa did his/her homework. They knew that I loved cars, especially the one sitting in my garage, my 1972 Chevelle.

My gift was a really cool "Chevelle" pin.

Thank you Secret Santa....I know exactly where that pin is going.

Talk about snail mail, wow :D

Glad you liked the pin.

Back
Top Bottom