Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

i skipped from the first to last page of this thread(sorry i was in a hurry), but has anyone mentioned the sansui au-g99x. big, black metal, and nasty. last year was '86, thats the year model i have. has a voltage selector on the back, and two big orange meters on the left side. um, 160 wpc(200 wpc in 4 ohms), with .003 thd. yeah for real. a pioneer sx-1250 has very damn little on this amp. get u some. mine is on a pair of hpm 100's in a 20' by 14' carpeted living room on stands bout a foot hi and tilted back a hair. bout three and a half feet apart, and toed in just a hair. oh also, them hpm's have about 75 dollas worth of caps and resistors inside. with a mcs 6601 direct drive tt, jvc cassette and a technics sl-ps 770d cd player.thanks. vegaman

yeah but the SX-1980 would be such a good match for the hpm-100s. 270wpc @ 8ohm 0.03%THD 120dB S/N ratio! omg

All this is lovely gear. Seeing what prices these fetch, I'd say we're into receiver wars version II. Alas!

Ok, now that we have ID'd the 'monsters among us' can we add something they need?

SPEAKERS!

What speakers can handle these beasts best? What you got that will let you go to say, '5' on the scale without bleeding you out?

My Kennie is linked to my 888's- I can get to about 4 or 5 without making the golfers out back scream. But they do lose some 'cleanliness' starting about there...

Why does one encounter so many lists of 'moster-receivers' everywhere?
Why not a list with +X-Watt Amps? Would that be irrelevant, or do these lists exist as well?

Add Luxman R-117

The Luxman R-117 is considered by many as one of the top high powered receivers of all time. The 160 watt per side is very conservative. Has very good high current/headroom ratings, and to as low as 2 ohms

Some shots of the JVC, JR-S600 MkII.

120 watts per channel, 8 ohms, 180 watts,4 ohm @ 0.08. Weight 42.2 lbs.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Attachments

• 758.jpg
    758.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 1165.jpg
    1165.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 174
Not sure if these are vintage enough.
Rotel RB-990BX, 200 wpc/8 ohms, 15.5kg/34.1 lbs, '92-'97
Counterpoint Solid2, 200 wpc/8 ohms

..Not sure 'bout the Sansui G-33000/22000 being a receiver. Looks like a power amp with a pre and tuner "bolted" onto the amp. Well I suppose it's in "one" piece. Should a receiver be defined as a unit in one chassis? I think so. Don't get me wrong, I love the Sansui gear. own some too :D

Back
Top Bottom