cal tempest 1 cd player

sbiro

Hi, I really like this forum,lots of info and competent people.
I bought a tempest cd player a while ago,it is the first one made around 86.Everything works ok,never had problem with tracking,but somethimes skips and makes a strident noise from the transport.
It is a phillips cmd 2 swing arm completely in black plastic, I cleaned the lens I took it apart and swap the motor, because I have a second player exactly the same but still does not work perfectly.
I really like the sound, specially after I replaced the original ps caps and diodes and used auricaps all over the board.
I was wondering if is possible to use any modern transport with this player.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Pat.

california audio labs tempest 1

This thread was in 2006 but now I have an california audio labs Tempest 1 with dac board problems(no output sound and overheating resitor). I really like this unit and I will like repair it but,
no found any info that could help. No schematics or other same unit on sale, so now looking for anyone that expirience any problems and solutions that could help.

Thank you

california audio labs tempest 1

This thread was in 2006 but now I have an california audio labs Tempest 1 with dac board problems(no output sound and overheating resitor). I really like this unit and I will like repair it but,
no found any info that could help. No schematics or other same unit on sale, so now looking for anyone that expirience any problems and solutions that could help.

Thank you
Hey KK Did you get any further with your Tempest issues ?

Back
Top Bottom