Audio Note AN-J's

cableguy

In Twang We Trust
I almost posted this in the Speaker forum but kinda feel like this crowd would be more hip to these beauty's....these are by a wide margin the best speakers I have ever owned...detailed, lush, accurate as hell, fast...I could go on...They are not too hard on the eyes either...

From AN...
AN-J
Simple details for pure music

The AN-J models offer higher sensitivity and better bass performance, combined with a more dynamic presentation than the AN-K, in an enclosure that is about three times the volume.

The AN-J is a ported enclosure with an efficiency better than 93 dB/m and bass that goes down to 25 Hz at -6 dB. The AN-J is capable of reproducing the scale and intensity of most well-recorded music very realistically.

Like all our other loudspeakers, the AN-J undergoes the same painstaking driver selection and matching process, which ensures the closest tolerances within a pair in the entire audio industry.

Dimensions: (Height, Width, Depth) 585 x 330 x 235mm (23" x 13" x 9.25").

Attachments

• 100_1120.jpg
    100_1120.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 409
  • 100_1121.jpg
    100_1121.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 100_1122.jpg
    100_1122.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_1124.jpg
    100_1124.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 282
Simply sensational sounding speakers. Listening to them is a whole new experience. Love them!

They are the same ones Grumpy had... ;-)

Don't quote me but I believe Grumpy moved up to AN-E...

You may be correct Erik. Dave mentioned something about the E's being from a kit. The pair that I have were Ray's...

Last edited:
You may be correct Erik. Dave mentioned something about the E's being from a kit. The pair that I have were Rey's...

Gotcha. What are you driving them with? They do deserve good electronics in front of them.

Gotcha. What are you driving them with? They do deserve good electronics in front of them.

Acurus A200 at the moment, but I also have the Lance Cochran Green Monster 60 wpc PP/Tube amp w/ Gold Lion KT88's that gets time as well. B&K P3-II preamp, Rega P3-2000 Denon 103 table, Rega MC head amp, Thule DVA250B, AcK dAck 2.0, good cables throughout. To date this is the best system that I have assembled...:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Very nice Bill, those are great sounding speakers and pretty cool that you have Ray's.

I did built Dave's E's; also very nice sounding. :)

Didn't have the computer on last night so I didn't see this thread. Love those Audio Note speakers. One of my favs!

Acurus A200 at the moment, but I also have the Lance Cochran Green Monster 60 wpc PP/Tube amp w/ Gold Lion KT88's that gets time as well. B&K P3-II preamp, Rega P3-2000 Denon 103 table, Rega MC head amp, Thule DVA250B, AcK dAck 2.0, good cables throughout. To date this is the best system that I have assembled...:thmbsp:

Ok. That would count as good electronics! :yes:

Very nice.

"I do not know which I prefer,

The beauty of inflections

Or the beauty of innuendoes,

The black bird whistling

Or just after."

-Peter Qvortrup/Audio Note

These are among my most-wanted speakers. I'm envious but happy for you...I've not even heard a pair, but it's just one of those somewhat irrational wants of something that I just know I would love.

Thanks everyone...I recently pulled these out the main rig for about 3 weeks to try something "different" in the form of a pair of Paradigm Titans, a very good monitor in its right. Needless to say, hooking back up the AN-J's was akin to returning home...they just sound right...I am constantly amazed at what these seemingly simple 8" two way speakers are able to reproduce across the entire musical spectrum. The midrange is to die for....

Back
Top Bottom