Member Rooms: Who's Got One and Whatcha Bringin'?

Still cleaning records. Then I have to put auto-reverse foil tape on the reels. Then Sean has to bring over his home brew amp so we can see if 2WPC will do the job with my PSB speakers. Then everything has to be boxed up.

Then I have to go to the beer store.

Speaking of cleaning records . . . I have to fit that in with getting the power supply built for my crossovers, and speaker wires put together and ICs sorted.

I'm glad I bought a fresh bottle of cleaner for my Spin Clean. :)

At least I've already picked out the vinyl . . .

IMG_20120422_122222.jpg

I am smarter - all on one PC - that is why I have the PH.D. - :smoke: :D :banana:

No cleaning at all!

Well I am picking up a new turn table. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. Have my CD binder and my music server packed up though. :yes:

I hope that all the boxes that I am bringing...are going home with other people at the fest.

I have some nice door prizes sitting here for some lucky people at the fest.

I am smarter - all on one PC - that is why I have the PH.D. - :smoke: :D :banana:

No cleaning at all!

HAH...I went to college for seven years and didn't even get a degree...now who's smarter....wait.:scratch2:

Looking forward to seeing all of you, clean records or dirty servers.:music:

Edit.....Laptop server with either SONOs or Just PS Audio DL III DAC from server. Mcintosh C 26 and MC 225. Audio Research LS 15,
Celestion SL 6 speakers. 2A3 amp, The 2A3 amp Is the the bricktop special.
I don't have a PH-D but I'm going the laptop route.:smoke:

Last edited:
I just got the call from John at A Brown Saun in California. The Tannoy HPD315's I sent them are done!!

By a stroke of luck they had set of re-cone kits in hermetically sealed packages from the 80's. They re-coned the speakers and installed new HF diaphragms and he says they sound beautiful.

I wish they could have been here in time to bring to the Fest.

I have the original Cheviot cabinets but will be making new Aperiodic cabs. Next year this time I will have them ready for Fest 13!

Got a room - bringing a bottle of 9 year old bourbon, maybe some vinyl. Equipment - Akai GXC570D cassette -

I got my Yuengling at Kroger in Sylvania, Ohio, 10 bills for a dozen, not bad!! :beer:

speaking out of turn

excuse me my name is john.i live in the phippines.i just joined this forum and dont know how to post a question.ive tried to email the forum but luvinvinyl is not accepting my mail.would one of you fellas help me out?once again excuse me.

excuse me my name is john.i live in the phippines.i just joined this forum and dont know how to post a question.ive tried to email the forum but luvinvinyl is not accepting my mail.would one of you fellas help me out?once again excuse me.

You seem to have figured out how to post. Welcome to AK and try one of the specific forums, or as botrytis suggested, the introductions area.:yes: While there, you may want to read the "stickies" as many new members find them helpful when just starting out.:thmbsp:

A couple pic's of "some" of the stuff I'm getting ready an sorting now.

KT88/6550 based SE amp, high transcon triode strapped pentode drvr.
I have to show up with an ST70, so this one has a board of my design.
And a Push Pull triode EL84 amp using 6CG7's in a DC driver stage here.

An some of the tubes associated with them, I'll have plenty of "extras".. ;)

Attachments

• KT88_6550_SEUL_AMP.jpg
    KT88_6550_SEUL_AMP.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,548
  • KT88_6550_SEUL_AMP_2.jpg
    KT88_6550_SEUL_AMP_2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 24
  • ST70_DRVER_AMP.jpg
    ST70_DRVER_AMP.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 27
  • ST70_DRVER_TUBES_AMP.jpg
    ST70_DRVER_TUBES_AMP.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 26
  • EL84_PP_TRI_AMP.jpg
    EL84_PP_TRI_AMP.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 27
  • TUBES.jpg
    TUBES.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 113
A couple pic's of "some" of the stuff I'm getting ready an sorting now.

KT88/6550 based SE amp, high transcon triode strapped pentode drvr.
I have to show up with an ST70, so this one has a board of my design.
And a Push Pull triode EL84 amp using 6CG7's in a DC driver stage here.

An some of the tubes associated with them, I'll have plenty of "extras".. ;)

That quad of GEC look mighty tempting. Will they be trade fodder?

Unfortunately no, that quad of smoked glass GEC KT66 took me a while to make.
And I like to listen to them on Occasion as well, also those GEC KT88 aren't bad
as well as the Tung Sol Grey Solid Plate 6550's are no slouches either.. ;)

Gotta have a few examples of the good stuff in the personal stash..:rockon:

Hey Keg, I notice from the pictures that you've cleaned your work bench since the last time I was there.

BTW, I have something special for you that I'm bringing. I'll see you Friday night!

Back
Top Bottom