A huge thanks to Grumpy et all.

24HACKER

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Grumpy - you really put on a first class show. It was a pleasure meeting you and your kids. Looking forward to next year's show. Also a big thanks to all of the volunteers that made the show successful.

Seconded. Superb as always. I hope you all know how much we appreciate all you (AK staff and volunteers) do for us.

First class, as always. Thank you so much, Grumpy and everyone who works so hard for the show.

Me Too! I absolutely have to say, "Thank You so much!" We were very disappointed when there wasn't an AKfest last year. I hope the show was profitable enough to cover your expenses and that there will be another Fest in 2013.

Thoughts and Thank You's

This was only the second AK Fest that I attended, and I still felt a little intimidated by everyone (then again, thats what happens when your the quiet one in the crowd....hush Ms Grumpy!!!).

Saturday afternoon I wandered the halls and popped into various listening rooms, probably said hello to many of you (sorry I don't recognize you all), and made several return visits to the ones that I enjoyed most. I had a few laughs with the vendors and members that weren't busy with the serious listeners, did whatever I could to help out the Grumpy's, and saw some interesting characters (Monster Man and everyone dressed for Halloween lol). Although Saturday evening it may have looked like I was in a world of my own, I was just enjoying the fact that everyone was having a great time and enjoying the live entertainment downstairs. Thank You to the Grumpy's for inviting me to crash in their room for the nite (there was no room left at the inn) just so I could stay and enjoy some more good company (Kegger and all who came and went, thanks :thmbsp:).

Sunday was just as fun, but I apologize to anyone that I disturbed while taking pictures or selling raffle tickets. I am very proud of what David and Nancy have done with AK, and am honored to be able to attend and help out whenever possible, I just wish I could do more. It is always a pleasure to hear that everyone loves the fests and look forward to them every year, me included. Anyway, I just wanted to send a heartfelt thank you out to everyone (members and vedors alike) for all their hard work and for allowing me to join you in your rooms while you sat and "talked shop" with each other, just so I could listen to some good music on beautiful equipment. Also, congrats to everyone that went home with door prizes, raffle prizes and new friends, everyone was a winner this weekend :D

This is not just a group of audio geeks, but a family, and I look forward to the next family reunion.

Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. Turnout was good and it was great to meet everyone. I enjoyed the live trio too! :thmbsp:

Did anyone ever see luvvinvinyl stop moving?

He was just a blur all weekend always rushing here and there!

Thanks to one of the many behind the sceen.

IMG_3679.jpg

He was just a blur all weekend always rushing here and there! Thanks to one of the many behind the sceen.

Ernie and Nancy are both perpetual motion machines, calmly making Dave's vision come to life. Truly, it's inspiring to watch.

Many, many thanks to all three, and to all the volunteers who help them.

A heartfelt thanks to Grumpy, Nancy, Ernie, Linda, Jo, David, and all the others who helped. A real highlight of our year!

Thanks everyone, I know a lot goes into organizing a show like this, yes, the staff never stopped, hope they get some rest and start planning the next one, thanks again, Dave.

Did anyone do a DAVE count?? :scratch2: Seemed like a lot of Daves there!! :D

It was another amazing weekend. The forces behind the scene are Nancy and Ernie, as usual.

Thanks to everyone, again!!

I can only echo what everyone else has said. It was an amazing weekend, and you guys put an incredible amount of work into it. I have no idea how any of you are still standing at the end of it.

He was just a blur all weekend always rushing here and there!

I think the first time he got to sit down for a bit was Sunday night when a small group of us went out for dinner. :yes:

Thank you to all the kind words, but they are not necessary. You guys, the members of Audiokarma, are the ones that make each and every fest, a memorable experience.

I walked around telling everyone that AK Fest is like a family reunion to me. And it really is cause I love seeing everyone, the good, the bad and the ugly included.

So please accept my Thank you for making AK Fest 2012 another awesome weekend for me.

Yes, Yes! Big thank you to all the Grumpy's and the Burke's, Huge thanks to Cableguy for puttin me up and puttin up with me!

Also, a big thanks to all the members who lugged their own personal stuff, with and without carts (which at one point seemed to be as valuable as 300B's). Thanks for all the Michigan hospitality, which is as close to Southern Hospitality as I have experienced in the North, (not that I'm one of those Southerners). I am not an avid poster here, but attending the AK fest is generally the highlight of my year. The camaraderie I feel at the fest supersedes even family reunions for me.

So, to any lurkers on this thread who have never been to a fest... Seriously, clear your schedule for a couple of days next May (or whenever), I promise you won't be disappointed. This was the 3rd time I've made the trek from NC to MI, and I've actually had to sell gear to finance the trip, but I can honestly say it was worth every minute.

Christ you look nothing like your picture!

Grumpy said the same thing! Believe it or not, I get that a lot. I've always been a bit HST fan, so It's my little homage to him.

So, yeah, I guess I should say thanks to everyone who helped me find Bill on Sunday, after I drove back to his house to get my raffle tickets that didn't win.

But, I won big on fun, so I guess that's all that matters.:thmbsp:

Did anyone ever see luvvinvinyl stop moving?

As a matter of fact, around 1:30 or so Sunday night when everything was pretty much done he was quite relaxed taking in some Pat Donohue and not moving much at all.

Other than that, he and the rest of the admin crew were feverishly making sure everyone else was having a great time. Thanks to all that made this happen!

Back
Top Bottom