Three sides to every story … or, how to discuss this stuff

Ok, I should have read it. Im may be too old for this now. I was active on guns and hunting forums some years back and felt too many wanted what they wanted regardless.

My wife knows how to relate on forums and keeps saying I should do it just to keep my mind working.

What an astute observation! The "Golden Rule" for the forum.

Thanks.

BTW pickles do conduct electricity and would make a better speaker conductor than spaghetti, IMHO.

The keys to making pasta work as speaker wires are several-fold:
  • Don't use store-bought, dry pasta. It's virtually impossible to get around corners without breaking it. I make my own pasta and find that, with practice, not only can I make pasta that bends around corners, but, by keeping it moist (I use a Williams and Sonoma stainless steel spray bottle for best results), I can achieve far better listening results than your typical store-bought pasta (or gherkin fort that matter)
  • Use Semolina for best results
  • After lots of experimentation (I keep lots of sauce handy for experiments that don't go well), I've found that penne has a nice, open sound. I'd also recommend avoiding orzo, and don't even think about using gnocchi)

There is absolutely no evidence that posting on this forum has anything to do with one's mind working. :D
I’ve even seen some slight evidence to the contrary, although far less than on some other forums I could mention, which is why I just became a subscriber even though it had been my intent to just kind of hang out a bit first to get a better feel for the place. I really appreciate the moderators’ efforts to keep this place civil. One thing the admins got right was to provide a place or two for people who enjoy spewing their vituperation online to do so as subscribers, thereby avoiding it spilling out into the other forums. People will be who they are. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom