The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

This just showed up today. Craigslist find from the original owner. Excellent condition. I am almost embarrassed at how little I bought it for. I have never seen one other than pictures. And it is sooo much classier in person than any picture can show. I have truly been lucky with karma this year.

dsc06187l.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a rare bird. PD-S95 CD Transport - she's loaded with copper, but needs a DAC to sing.

Attachments

• Cimg0116.jpg
    Cimg0116.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Granted, this is in my home theater, but I'm gonna count it:

CLD-59 Laserdisc Player
Pioneer PRO-1130HD Elite 50" Plasma

-D

My "pre-Elite" X-series has grown.
F-99X and PD-9010X added to the CT-A9X and A-77X
The PD-9010X is currently not producing audio though...I`ll get to it.

There is also a PD-M6 multi play cd player in there. Technically not part of the X-series but with the PD-9010X down it fits right in. I also like a multi play cd player along with a single disc cd player in my systems.

I also just set these here as a temporary measure to test, etc since I don`t have a shelf or rack for them. I don`t like to stack like this normally.

I mentioned offhand to my wife I was planning on moving this system upstairs and she immediately said "you mean the system I use when I work out?"

...Plan B it is then...

dsc06371z.jpg

that tape deck is beautiful!

My "pre-Elite" X-series has grown.
F-99X and PD-9010X added to the CT-A9X and A-77X
The PD-9010X is currently not producing audio though...I`ll get to it.

There is also a PD-M6 multi play cd player in there. Technically not part of the X-series but with the PD-9010X down it fits right in. I also like a multi play cd player along with a single disc cd player in my systems.

I also just set these here as a temporary measure to test, etc since I don`t have a shelf or rack for them. I don`t like to stack like this normally.

I mentioned offhand to my wife I was planning on moving this system upstairs and she immediately said "you mean the system I use when I work out?"

...Plan B it is then...

dsc06371z.jpg

Nice collection Twestby. I just purchased an Elite SP-91D surround sound processor. It's in decent shape though I need to make up a set of side panels, probably out of clear pine and I'll try and match the Pioneer color with some stain. I'll post some pics once I get it done.

Love the A-77x. :)

DV 79AVi

Found this NOS at a thrift for $80.
It's my go to CD/SACD player. The looks complement all my gear.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice collection Twestby. I just purchased an Elite SP-91D surround sound processor. It's in decent shape though I need to make up a set of side panels, probably out of clear pine and I'll try and match the Pioneer color with some stain. I'll post some pics once I get it done.

Love the A-77x. :)

Cool.

I see you have the A-77X also. Mine took a bit of work to get it to work correctly...couple diodes, capacitors, make a new cable from the front board to the amp board, cannibalized a switch from a SX-40 to replace a bad line straight switch(same part number), etc. Cosmetically it is excellent, just wasn`t working like it should.

Actually, the F-99X tuner is the only one in this stack that I haven`t had to fix or will have to fix to get to work...

OK, here are the pics I promised of the SP-91D surround sound processor after the cleanup and the addition of the new side panels.

SP-91D1.jpg

SP-91D2.jpg

SP-91D3.jpg

I don't know if I ever will go back to conventional stereo when listening to classical music on stereo cds. The surround field "Hall 2" works well when utilizing the rear ambiance at a volume where it's barely noticeable unless you take it away.

I'm going to work on sides for my A-77x next though I'm going to use oak veneer plywood instead of a solid piece of wood. The width is 5 1/2" and with the plywood there will be less of a chance that the sides will warp.

OK, here are the pics I promised of the SP-91D surround sound processor after the cleanup and the addition of the new side panels.

SP-91D1.jpg

SP-91D2.jpg

SP-91D3.jpg

I don't know if I ever will go back to conventional stereo when listening to classical music on stereo cds. The surround field "Hall 2" works well when utilizing the rear ambiance at a volume where it's barely noticeable unless you take it away.

I'm going to work on sides for my A-77x next though I'm going to use oak veneer plywood instead of a solid piece of wood. The width is 5 1/2" and with the plywood there will be less of a chance that the sides will warp.
You do have the remote CU-SP002 for it, right?

You do have the remote CU-SP002 for it, right?

Yes I do, a nice one and a user manual to go along with the unit. I know some functions cannot be altered without the remote.

I'll be able to get a copy of the original service manual as well.

One more black face beauty. The last one for awhile, I promise. A classic. The forerunner to my LD-S2 and the original Reference/Elite Laserdisc player. The LD-S1. Been looking for an opportunity to pick one of these up. Works perfect. Such a cool, cool machine. It is just iconic. Now I just need to locate an original remote.

dsc06404x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom