How much have you changed for holiday decorating?

frommerstop

Christmas is coming, so the living room has to be converted into a party & forestry display. Out with the Quads, and in with the KEFs. The overstuffed sectional is also out, and the Mission sofa & chairs are in. In short, it's like a whole new listening room!

...But I LIKE it! :banana:

I like to shake things up anyway, and this arrangement seems to be working, even with a tree in the room. So, how are you guys dealing with holiday decorating?

I had to move my speakers, after I just got them into the right position. They are now side-by-side in the corner to make room for the tree. I thought the sound would be destroyed, but it still sounds OK. Especially since I'm walking around, listening to X-Mas music from questionable sources, rather than sitting in the sweet spot, listening for realism. Just don't tell my wife that I still love how it sounds.

Christmas, and Halloween are a big thing for my wife. She asks almost nothing else from me as far as home decor, so I give her free reign for those two months. Only Christmas has any affect on any listening spaces.

How much have I changed? I come home from work and the TV is playing the digital Christmas music channel. And I leave it on.

My right channel SDA had to be moved back against the wall and there's a Christmas tree in front of it. At least the garage system is intact.

After all the different speakers i've had big and small,
i finally found a pair that my wife likes.
KLIPSCH K-HORNS!!! go figure:scratch2:.

The reasons she likes them is that they stuff into the corners and are out of the way, AND the tops are quite spacious and she can put a LOT of XMAS
stuff on em:D.

The other day i came home from work and heard music playing in the livingroom. I found her there decorating the tree and playind a RECORD of her favorite singer that i had bought her a couple years ago( olivia newton john).
Man, i almost had tears of joy witnessing this. A true christmas miracle,LOL.
sHE had figured out how to play the record and put the stereo in the right settings to hear it thru the speakers and everything!:yes:..
I was very careful not to make any kind of big deal out of it.
I guess im never parting with the Klipschorns now, its the first pair of speakers she has showed ANY interest in.:banana:

Last edited:
Christmas is coming, so the living room has to be converted into a party & forestry display. Out with the Quads, and in with the KEFs. The overstuffed sectional is also out, and the Mission sofa & chairs are in. In short, it's like a whole new listening room!

...But I LIKE it! :banana:

I like to shake things up anyway, and this arrangement seems to be working, even with a tree in the room. So, how are you guys dealing with holiday decorating?

My wife is also an audiohead so she just adds some simple Christmas cheer around the gear. I don't have to move or hide a thing:

xmas1.jpg
xmas2.jpg

Holiday Cheers... :smoke:

I've finally got to the point where I don't have to do anything for the holidays. It took several years, but now I don't have to buy any gifts or put up any decorations.

It's quite a luxury to be able to forget in moments whether or not Christmas has passed or is still coming. This happened to me earlier today; kind of like forgetting where you are when driving down a familiar road.

:thmbsp:

I had to move a plant from the living room to the kitchen to make room for the tree. The LR stereo is still there, but it rarely gets used. In my listening room, which is twice the size of the living room, there is now a stuffed Xmas mouse on top of two of the speakers.

This is what the kids get to see on Christmas morning with the presents that Santa has delivered underneath.
The corner lately has been home to a Marantz 2230 and a set of Nova 8Bs (it's now in the visible left-hand corner of the room, suitably decorated).

TREE-1_zpse34943bb.jpg

After all the different speakers i've had big and small,
i finally found a pair that my wife likes.
KLIPSCH K-HORNS!!! go figure:scratch2:.

The reasons she likes them is that they stuff into the corners and are out of the way, AND the tops are quite spacious and she can put a LOT of XMAS
stuff on em:D.

The other day i came home from work and heard music playing in the livingroom. I found her there decorating the tree and playind a RECORD of her favorite singer that i had bought her a couple years ago( olivia newton john).
Man, i almost had tears of joy witnessing this. A true christmas miracle,LOL.
sHE had figured out how to play the record and put the stereo in the right settings to hear it thru the speakers and everything!:yes:..
I was very careful not to make any kind of big deal out of it.
I guess im never parting with the Klipschorns now, its the first pair of speakers she has showed ANY interest in.:banana:

Your wife likes the K-Horns? She's a keeper! :thmbsp: In my case, decorations in the front living room - listening room at the back is unmolested.

Back
Top Bottom