2012 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

I got my gift from Santa, very nice. Seems my santa knew I like posters/prints and sent me a few, Cream/Rush/Grateful Dead, thank you santa, me likey alot~!

Got mine today... gift certificate to Music Direct... I'm going to have fun spending this :)

Thanks, Juan!

-Mike

Secret Santa Delivers!

I received a lovely pair of mystery interconnects today. They look very TOTL! I'll be rolling them around my system to see where the best fit is!

Thank You, Santa! You're a peach!

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

Thank you, Secret Santa! Got a Soundstage Direct gift card, cool!:)

Happy Holidays to all!:yes:

Just sent my gift to one of the many Michiganites here at AK.(That's vague enough.):D I hope the USPS does their stuff by Christmas!:para:

Well, my Secret Santa delivery showed up yesterday; as I excitedly opened the box I was excited to find two wrapped boxes inside. Oh boy; Santa must have known I've been a little down and really wanted to cheer me up; and hey, it's all Whiskey/scotch related stuff.

First up; Whiskey chilling rocks! I had no clue there was such thing outside of a joke in Who Framed Roger Rabbit; but no, pieces of soapstone you can stick in the freezer and then use to cool down the whiskey. Why I had to explain the "on the rocks" concept to everyone else in the house I don't know.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The second box was probably the coolest thing anyone's ever given me. A pair of lowball/old fashioned glasses....with personalized etching.

attachment.php

Now those are just downright awesome...and will get used whenever I've got a reason to drink out of a lowball even if it isn't alcohol. And my secret santa obviously did his homework; an obscure tube pin-out in the center...now THAT'S my style.

I'll be picking up a bottle of something good this week and putting everything to good use soon!

Thanks again Mike!

Attachments

• IMG_20121215_201358.jpg
    IMG_20121215_201358.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20121215_201410.jpg
    IMG_20121215_201410.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20121215_201550.jpg
    IMG_20121215_201550.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 163
I got my Secret Santa gift in my Inbox, today. A gift certificate from SoundStageDirect!

Santa picked the perfect thing! My shopping is done. I've got some Blues compilations coming, with cuts I don't have by artists that I really dig! I may even get them in time for the big day!

Thanks, Santa

BTW, folks, here's a gentle reminder for you: Please post to this thread, that your gift has arrived, especially if you are waiting until the 25th to open it. Your Santa may be concerned that your gift shows as 'delivered', but nothing has been posted. Sometimes stuff grows legs and walks off the front porch.

So, if your gift is under your tree, and you are patiently waiting until the 25th, just give a quick word in this thread, to put Santa's mind at ease, and mine, too.

Thanks.

(Wait? How can you wait? I hate waiting!)

Kudos to all the Santas. Lots of great gifts posted here. Lots of happy recipients, too!

Thank you for shepherding this great AK tradition.
Also this sometimes unruly flock.
Happy Holiday wishes to you and yours, Ernie.:yes:

I got a oldie but goodie AKer's name this first time out and got a good tip from some guy named RayW:D about some vinyl that my victim might appreciate. Some o' that hippity hoppity new fangled music...Thanks, Ray!:smoke:

Kudos to all the Santas. Lots of great gifts posted here. Lots of happy recipients, too!

Another Superlative job of organizing the Secret Santa again this year Ernie
Thanks, and Happy Holidays,
Jim

Just got mine today! :banana:

An AMAZING selection of excellent vinyl, obviously carefully chosen from Santa's personal collection.... none of which I have yet. Excellent work sir! Much appreciated - thanks! :D :music:
(have one of the M.D. spinning already - great stuff!)

IMG_20121217_145242.jpg

(thanks to the customs form.... ID of Santa not so secret... but that's ok. Not the first albums I've received from this member:thmbsp:)

Last edited:
Well I gotta say MY Secret Santa does not seem to be playing by the rules:

I got the neatest collection of Concert/Music DVDs/ CDs and SS included some popcorn to enjoy as I listen/watch/indulge.

Just the ticket for putting my new TV to the test.

But, no way SS coulda done all this for the Secret Santa budgeted amount.

I am very grateful.

Thanks

got mine today! how cool is this! very happy secretish santa..hah thankyou very much......this is an 1885 Morgan Silver doller, it was struck at the now de-funct New Orleans mint.....i love old things like this....i really gotta get to America one day, very cool:thmbsp:

Attachments

• secret santa 2012 005.jpg
    secret santa 2012 005.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 26
  • secret santa 2012 006.jpg
    secret santa 2012 006.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 32
got mine today! how cool is this! very happy secretish santa..hah thankyou very much......this is an 1885 Morgan Silver doller, it was struck at the now de-funct New Orleans mint.....i love old things like this....i really gotta get to America one day, very cool:thmbsp:

Wow. That's fantastic. Just looked it up and yours looks to be in uncirculated condition. Not many Aussies would have one of them in their undies draw!

Yesterdays mail was fruitful. I received the two final pieces for my outgoing gift. I will send it on it's way today figuring that it will arrive Friday or Monday, just in time!

In the same batch of mail was a gift certificate for Soundstage.com, oh boy! this is gonna be fun to spend.

Thank You Secret Santa!

Got my Secret Santa gift last night; two CD's that I've been wanting to buy and an Altec Voice of the Theater T-Shirt. Too cool! :thmbsp:

Thanks Santa.

I got mine. waiting till the 25th to open it. Ill keep you posted.....D

The only reason I havn't opened mine is it hasn't show up yet. How can you wait? (As a side not, havn't been home yet today to see if anything showed up). It will be open within 5 minutes of me getting my hands on it. :yes:

A 12" x 12" parcel arrived today from S. Claus. My SS has done his homework, discovered that I'm a vinyl nutter and supplied three albums that I don't have.

The Shure Obstacle Course has been a much sought after record for me. I have another test record but have always heard that the Shure is one of the best.

I don't have any albums by the other two artists but know of them. I've been gradually getting into Jazz a lot more over the last two years and the Sonny Rollins will add to my infant collection. The Cowboy Junkies album looks very interesting and will be the first record I put on tonight.

Thank you so much Secret Santa. It's such a joy to receive surprise vinyl. SS lives in a population of around 600, so I have a reasonable idea of who they are.

My victim should be receiving his very shortly. I thought maybe today or tommorrow hopefully.

Attachments

• 191212 001.jpg
    191212 001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom