2012 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

I got mine !!

I'll post pictures when the light in my house is better ( daytime ). The flash from my camera is reflecting off the glass and shiny metal.
It's a very unique item and needs a clear picture to be appreciated.
Thanks Santa Will !! . :thmbsp:

Soundstage gift card arrived today! Thanks Santa.

I guess I really need to get a turntable working now.

Sent mine out 19 days ago. Starting to get worried.

All postal services between countries (AUS-US-CAN, etc) can take so many additional business days, despite what any service guarantees short of Express mail services. Course, those Express services can by themselves be easily more than the limit that was set or the value of the article being sent.

As we get more global, we will get and are more patient with international shipping. As long as there's some level of tracking that gives us assurance, somehow, that the package is somewhere, and making progress, then there's hope.

Secret Santa's and Santa's recipients are grateful for the help and the gifts, whenever they arrive. Besides, sometimes the anticipation adds to the excitement. If not, just think of it as a New Year's Present!

My Secret Santa covered the bases. I received an lp album and a CD/DVD, both by a group with which I am unfamiliar, but I will be shortly. JJ Grey & Mofro ~ "The Choice Cuts" on vinyl and "Brighter Days" on DC/DVD.

THANKS Santa!!!!, I love to explore new to me music (didn't you check out all the weird covers I've posted in the "The Name that Album thread", yup they're all mine and I'm not ashamed to admit it).

I got mine a couple of days ago. Too much life getting in the way to promptly respond.

Two greatly regarded Aussie albums from two groups I know, but albums I've never seen before. One album from a group I've never heard of, but was big in Australia. My SS must have done their homework, as a musical adventure is always at the top of my list. :thmbsp: :banana:

Inxs-The Swing
Midnight Oil-10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
Redgum-Caught in the Act

Hopefully I'll get a chance to spin them tomorrow. :yes:

My package should be there today, I keep checking this thread in hope, I don't wanna ruin Christmas again this year.

Present arrived today, about a 12x12 package. It's a record by Atmosphere and a gift card. Loving it so far, thanks SS! Looking forward to hearing this on the main system but I'm liking the headphone experience so far. A bonus is that it's pressed in cool yellow vinyl. :)

Mine arrived Friday or Saturday but I was away for the weekend at an end of the world party/convention. Got some cool looking CDs and DVDs. I will post up more later but I just got in and since half the staff of the con ended up not being able to make it due to weather or hospitalizations, I ended up putting in about 14 hours of volunteer work on top of partying and am going to bed.

Thank you Santa from Texas, I will get a better look at them tomorrow.

Nothing here yet, but I'm not going to freak out. Sometimes people like to give gift certificates and they do it day of, freaked me out two years ago.

Y'know, I REALLY don't care if I get anything back or not...I sent mine out, the guy apparently LOVES it, yeah, I DID go over the dollar amount a bit...So sue me. I spent over half my life collectin' stuff...And I'm havin' as much fun giving it away as I did accumulatin' it..

I've gotten several emails from Santas whose plans have gone somewhat awry, so fear not, anyone who hasn't yet received their gift.

Santas, if your tracking, or your estimate of time in transit says it should have arrived, let me know, and we'll investigate. If you gave a gift certificate, via email, let me know, via pm, and we'll check on it. Often such emails go straight to a spam folder. Likewise, if you're waiting, check you spam folder for an unseen gc email.

Back
Top Bottom