most creative album covers

Tarkus's ST of course.

I mean, It really doesn't get more creative than an armadillotank.

Just wait til you see the gatefold....

Tarkus.jpg

Also, The Moody Blue's In Search of the Last Chord, my personal favorite cover I've came by
jamie.jpg

Last edited:
I can't remember the band name...I saw the cover at Tower Record on the Snset Strip in the mid 70's. The "original" Tower Records ! I lived right near it and used to hang out there. My buddy ended up painting an album cover on the side of the building when he was about 18yrs old.
Anyway----This album cover was very light powder blue...You had to look at it for a little bit and then the picture started showing more and more...
An Elephant. Head on face of an Elephant in faint blue. It was freaking beautiful and eerie ! I look on google but have never found that cover...I don't know the name of the band or album name....the was nothing on the cover but that picture...
Anyone ???

While it's not for a full album, I love the cover for New Order's Blue Monday 12" single:
616px-NewOrderBlueMonday.jpg

Maybe this is creative, because you'd see it in the record store and think it's something that rocks pretty hard, and then you'd put it on and you'd have, well, Meat Loaf:
BAT-OUT-OF-HELL-MEAT-LOAF-590x579.jpg

Given the chance, check out the covers of Bloodgood, "Detonation", Mortification, "Relentless" and Percy Faith, "Disco Party".

Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King... drawn by the artist himself...but what do I know :music:

Attachments

• big whiskey.jpg
    big whiskey.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 361
I love these post apocalyptic album covers from heavy metal bands, I think the same guy does a lot of these.

inepsy%2Bcity%2Bweapons%2Bfront%2Bcover.jpg

Wild Cherry - 1976

'Play That Funky Music White Boy' - Perhaps the greatest black funk tune ever made by
four white guys from Pennsylvania.

Post+Web+Radio_Wild+Cherry_Wild+Cherry.jpg

Back
Top Bottom