Let's see your Fisher gear!

Paul,

With care and patience, you can make the 500-C shine, especially the tube shields and capacitors. It looks in fine shape now with just a coating of dust and no stains or spills. Just go very gently on the cadmium-coated chassis, without using any abrasives. You can even make the tuning flywheel gleam, although not as bright as the one on the 500-B. My 500-C looked just like yours before I cleaned it.

Attachments

• Fisher500-CTop3.jpg
    Fisher500-CTop3.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Adding to the Stable of Ancient, Hard to find, and getting to be nearly priceless gear.....I got a MPX 100 from Kpaxfaq Monday in the mail. Serial 21784B. This is the Series that Almost EVERYONE HAS but NO ONE has a Manual.

Before pic.
attachment.php

Now with some Brasso, toothbrush and an old T-Shirt.
attachment.php

I have yet to do a final buff. I ramped it up on the variac and after 10 hours, the transformer is slightly warm, the Filter cap is COLD, Electrolytics replaced, and 1/2 of the films (dogturds) replaced. I haven't replaced the selenium yet. It's on the TO DO list. This afternoon I plan on connecting it to my 101-R and running it and see how it does.

OH YEAH! I forgot :smoke:to mention, that I DID:thmbsp: find a copy of the :banana::banana:20001-39999 version of the Service manual!:banana::banana: Jailtime has been sent a copy for inclusion to the AK DATABASE, and JONBOY55 has a copy for the FISHERCONSOLE site.
If they aren't already up on the site's, they should be shortly.

ENJOY GUYS!!

Larry

Paul,

With care and patience, you can make the 500-C shine, especially the tube shields and capacitors. It looks in fine shape now with just a coating of dust and no stains or spills. Just go very gently on the cadmium-coated chassis, without using any abrasives. You can even make the tuning flywheel gleam, although not as bright as the one on the 500-B. My 500-C looked just like yours before I cleaned it.

I wanna chrome my transformers lol.

Here is my Fisher Family photo.Both could use a good face washing,but I don't want to lose any lettering or scratch anything so I am reluctant...:yes:

On my 400, that I got years ago, I too was reluctant to clean the face and glass for fear of losing any lettering, but I did clean it anyway, using a mild liquid dish washing detergent very diluted in warm water, and with the patience of a brain surgeon.

I dabbed and did not rub.

My face plate has been clean for the last few years, and actually looks sweet.

I will keep this 400 until the end of me.

Cheers

My wife saw this Fisher Contemporary C-800 at someones house she was helping move and they gave it to her! The owner was just using this hand me down from his 90 year old mother as a nightstand. We are going to pick it up today. I have restored a Garrard RC/98 so the TT shouldn't be a problem but never worked on a radio. Looks like it at least needs a tube. Anyone have any suggestions for the radio refurbishing and or where to get tubes?

Bed_2_twin-_&_nightstand.jpg

photo_1a.jpg

photo_5a.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4a.jpg

My two Fisher pieces

I looked through this thread real quick and didn't see a X-202. So here is my Fisher that doesn't have the best face plate but its decent and needing one knob cap also my FM-100 which is in great shape just need a mpx 20 for her.

Attachments

• 20140823_134338.jpg
    20140823_134338.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20140823_134406.jpg
    20140823_134406.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20140823_134455.jpg
    20140823_134455.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
The X-202 was one of Fisher's best! I wish the face place on mine was as decent as your is. Did you include the choke to help reduce power supply noise? I'm just curious as my experience has been that the stock 202 design normally displays virtually no power supply noise at all. You have some very nice pieces!

Dave

The X-202 was one of Fisher's best! I wish the face place on mine was as decent as your is. Did you include the choke to help reduce power supply noise? I'm just curious as my experience has been that the stock 202 design normally displays virtually no power supply noise at all. You have some very nice pieces!

Dave
Thanks Dave for the compliment.
I had this X-202 restored by sony6060. He went through the whole thing and I believe he had a thread on the restoration. But he put the choke in there when he was working on her. I love just about everything about the amp.
Here is a link with his explanation
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=590556

Last edited:
My Fisher 500-C

First in a temporary setup with a Sony 5520 and an iPod:
100_2821.jpg

(Dave Brubeck The Fantasy Years, I think, is playing on the platter above)

And now in a more permanent home with a Marantz 6300 and Sony SCHP-1001:
100_3160.jpg

(Count Basie is playing here, with the Mills Brothers, I think)

Great photos! Love the pics both are just great.

I just finished playing that Nat / Shearing Lp a few moments ago!

Might as well show off the 500C I started this thread with, now restored. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4888.jpg
    IMG_4888.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 155
Ferninando; Find that picture, and right click it. Find the URL for the picture itself in properties and copy THAT to your post with the img tag's instead of url tags.

Larry

Find the pic in my PC or in AK thread?
I tried copy on my PC but it didnt paste in AK

AK please delete this post

Last edited:
If I copy the pic in AK it only shows a postage stamp size image.

AK please delete this post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom