Audiokarma Needs your support !!!!!

And if you do have a paypal account, you can pay by credit card by changing the default paypal account balance to the card in your account, assuming you have or use one.

I've been donating 2% of my eBay sales to AK so far this year, and plan to continue for the foreseeable future - server or no server. Much of the reason my listings have done so well lately is due to what I've learned from the wonderful, selfless people on this site. :yes:

I think that if AK ever went down, we would not only lose the best (by far) vintage electronics technical reference on the internet, I personally would have a very large empty spot in my everyday life, and would literally feel like I'd lost members of my own family. I think I've taken more than most from this site, so I'm delighted to be able to give back, if only in small measure. :thmbsp:

Now THAT'S what we're talkin' about!! :thmbsp:

Actually there is: after you click the "pay" link on the homepage, click the "don't have a paypal account?". You will be able to pay with a credit card. It will try to get you to sign up for Paypal, but you won't have to.

Cool! I'll check it out, pronto!

Actually there is: after you click the "pay" link on the homepage, click the "don't have a paypal account?". You will be able to pay with a credit card. It will try to get you to sign up for Paypal, but you won't have to.

Okay, I THINK I just sent some money. The PayPal thing is only set up for U.S. addresses, so I just filled in my regular home address and put in the zip for an old address I had in Hawaii years ago -- it seemed to be okay with the folks at PayPal. We'll have to wait and see.

If this goes through okay, I think I'll try and see if it'll work for a subscription. I'm still dying to see what's on Bartertown!

Thanks, Dumptruck!

Just wanted to update everyone. The new server will finish being build at some point today. Not sure if the migration will begin then. Will update as I have more info.

Also thank you to everyone who has donated, or is considering donating.

Grumpy

We lease our cluster of servers, as most web sites do. I had to commit, sign a contract, before they would start building our machines to our spec. So basically we are promising to pay for something we don't have the funds for at this time, and are relying on member support. Hope this explains it a little more clearly.

Grumpy

Grumpy, I tried accessing "Auctions for Audiokarma" and I get a "not authorized" error. Is it my membership level that is restricting my access. I checked FAQ and could not find any info on this. Thanks....

Had to contribute!

Found this site awhile back when I stumbled apon some vintage gear and needed help. The amount of information is vast and a true source of learning on a daily basis if one chooses. felt guilty not to donate! Thanks AKer's. Tom M chicago ILLINOIS

Hi,

Yes the auctions are currently being done by and for the subscribers,

Thank you
Grumpy

Grumpy, I tried accessing "Auctions for Audiokarma" and I get a "not authorized" error. Is it my membership level that is restricting my access. I checked FAQ and could not find any info on this. Thanks....

Hi Noogies,

I am not at all familiar with the method of using a cc through paypal. In the past we have accepted credit cards over the phone, but are experiencing trouble with that right now. Another way to purchase a subscription or donate is to

Mail a check, money order or cash to:

AudioKarma LLC
902 Kitty Hawk Rd.
Suite 170-475
Universal City, Texas

Please make note in your payment if its for a subscription, and the screen name to which it should be applied. I hope this helps

Thank you
Grumpy

Has anybody done this via CC? I'm still having difficulty ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, Grumpy. I'll get it done one way or t'other.

It should be noted that CC payments via PayPal DO work for donations -- it's just subscriptions that seem to be problematic.

Donation just send via paypal, but didn't see a place to mark "server"...but that's what it's for. I just recently sent my subscription dues in....Thanks for what you do!
djjim

Back
Top Bottom