Last CD purchased?

my music is my drug......

Back in the 70's & 80's I grew up listening to Van Halen, Def Leppard etc. Now a days I have also moved on to other genres which are a bit more mellow, like Christina Perri (not related to K Perry) "My Eyes" for example. But even at the age of 46, after a day or two I still go back listening to Rock music as if it were an addiction I just can't seem to let go.

purchased new:

Mer de Noms, by A Perfect Circle

Deathless, by Throwdown
song list

Attachments

• a perfect circle.png
    a perfect circle.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 2
  • throwdown.png
    throwdown.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
  • throwdown song list.png
    throwdown song list.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm picking up this one tomorrow on CD and BD:

804879444459;size=m1

Nice - if you like this one you should hunt down a copy of their other album, Thirteenth Step.

yes, yes!

And pick up "Emotive" as well. Politicized, but lush and beautiful. Got it on vinyl, and the artwork alone is worth the cost.

I occasionally buy a used karaoke CD, if I like the arrangement. Haven't bought a new CD release since Don Henley's "The End of the Innocence" in 1989. There just hasn't been any point.

Nice - if you like this one you should hunt down a copy of their other album, Thirteenth Step.

Dug it out of my CD collection and listening to it now. Been quite a few years since I last heard this one. Thanks for the reminder! :music:

I occasionally buy a used karaoke CD, if I like the arrangement. Haven't bought a new CD release since Don Henley's "The End of the Innocence" in 1989. There just hasn't been any point.

Because...:scratch2:

1. You don't enjoy anything recorded since 89?
2. Don't bother to buy when you can listen off the internet?
3. Did that Don Henley just ruin it for you?

Last one new: Twistable, Turnable Man: A Musical Tribute to Shel Silverstein

That's probably been over a year ago. Anymore, I'll only buy a new CD if I have to own it, a vinyl record isn't available, and I can't find it substantially cheaper used. That's rare.

On the other hand, I buy one or two vinyl LPs a month and have been picking up a slew of good used CDs lately at yard sales and thrift stores, where the going rate is $1-2 each.

Even record stores are having trouble getting more than $5 out of used CDs unless it's a very popular catalog title or brand new. The savvy CD-buying consumer can check out the Amazon sellers on his (or her) phone while browsing the brick and mortar bins. You have to be at least somewhat competitive.

In short: I consume new music, I pay for new physical media, I buy CDS, but I do not buy new CDs.

Boz Scaggs - Memphis - latest CD of his, very recent release - still getting to know it, but very nice blue eyed soul, and then some.

A Girl named Dusty - Dusty Springfield's 1964 debut release -
remastered and expanded to 20 tracks ... very good if you like that era!

I occasionally buy a used karaoke CD, if I like the arrangement. Haven't bought a new CD release
since Don Henley's "The End of the Innocence" in 1989. There just hasn't been any point.

You've got to get around more, my friend ... Lots of good music since '89 ...

Bought an used CD at my local Goodwill for a dollar. It was a compilation called The History of Funk In Yo' Face! Volume 4 Rhino records. Liked it so much and ordered the other 4 volumes off of Amazon.com. I loved Rhino Records and the compilations they put out.

Now a days I have also moved on to other genres which are a bit more mellow, like Christina Perri (not related to K Perry)

Katie Perry is a stage name. Her real name is Katy Hudson, but since there's already a famous Kate Hudson (Goldie Hawn's daughter)....

William Tyler - Impossible Truth on Merge Records

EXCELLENT instrumental guitar by the principal guitarist for Lambchop.

MI0003500883.jpg

Los StraitJackets-Christmas CD-Surf group that wears wrestling masks-Great instrumentals.

Initial Burn-Ellis Vance Mission-Small press New Hampshire proggy rock. Really well recorded.

Super Bass 2-Ray Brown, John Clayton-Telarc Jazz.

last 3 I bought
1) an evening wasted with Tom Lehrer
2) Spirit, 12 Dreams of Dr Sardonicus
3) Radiohead, Kid A

Back
Top Bottom