I joined the Fisher family!

prisoners

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
As a result of a trade with AK member Skylab I'm now the very proud owner of a KX-100 and an FM-50b, both with gorgeous new wood cases. Last night I connected them to my Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rods and they've never sounded better. The tone of those tubes is so great...I'm sure you guys know what I mean. The way a thick, hollow-bodied electric guitar sounds through this system is something every music lover should hear. While my signature system has the upper hand in absolute volume and power (and sounds pretty great in tone as well) there's something so very special about these Fishers.

It's like I want everyone I know to hear this...and not in a "my stereo is so great" kinda way...more like everyone should experience this.

Congrats

Same experience here. I bought a Fisher 400 seven months ago. These Fisher products have a sound that is unique and pleasing.

There are some things you can read again and again and know from a facts and opinions perspective, and these Fishers are some things. Until you hear one of these Fishers for yourself, you won't get it.
Now you've got it.
Congrats and welcome to the club.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Fisher! BEWARE: they're like potato chips--you can't have just one!

Welcome to the Mad House. There's a little bit here for everyone. Tube's, Early Solid State, 70's Solid State, and the so called BPC from the 80's, 90's and 00's.

And now for what everyone has been waiting to see................................

:worthless

You have to show pic's! IT's an unwritten rule here. :D

The only pics I have are the crappy cell phone ones I took late last night. I had everything connected and powered up at 10:15 or so, but I stayed up until 1:30 because every song that I played sounded so great. I started with what I assumed would be an easy test for a moderately powered tube amp: Lucinda Williams, Bruce Springsteen, Buddy Guy, and Chris Isaak. Fantastic! By midnight I had moved on to early Sabbath, Scorpions, and Blue Oyster Cult....and I became a true believer!

I'm so glad you're enjoying them, Rich. They are special sounding pieces!

And your phone pics were not so bad ;)

It's so cool to discover that tube audio isn't just for classical music and small jazz combos.
I really like listening to all kinds of music on mine.

I still have to run the coax from the rooftop antennae to the tuner, but I think they look nice in the rack. It's in a small alcove next to the fireplace and the speakers flank the opening. The whole system came together pretty well. For a clean look I'm using an Airport Express, and I'll most likely place my silver Sony ES SACD player in the rack. Too bad it doesn't have a matching wooden case. Hey wait......... :)

Attachments

• photo(21).jpg
    photo(21).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 71
  • photo(20).jpg
    photo(20).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 97
I had everything connected and powered up at 10:15 or so, but I stayed up until 1:30 because every song that I played sounded so great.....

Sounds familiar!!! I change a little something, set the rig up to see how it plays, 2 hours later I'm still going "Damn, this shit is unbelievable!!!!!" with a stupid grin on my face! No wonder it takes me forever to complete things :D

There are some things you can read again and again and know from a facts and opinions perspective, and these Fishers are some things. Until you hear one of these Fishers for yourself, you won't get it.
Now you've got it.
Congrats and welcome to the club.

What he said...:D:D

Congrats. You realize those were supposed to be mine, right:tears:

In any event, glad they went to a forum member who will appreciate them. They sure are beauties.

At least I have my 400 to commiserate with:yes:

Enjoy!

That's one of the first things that grabbed my attention when I got my first Fisher 400 was the way electric guitar's sounded especially
hollow-bodied or acoustic type guitar's, vocal's sounded so sweet and smooth to me.

Try some surf music, it sounds amazing on those Fishers, I have had plenty of friends and family come over and just stare at my Fisher tube
amp with astonishment when playing the Surf lords or The Blue Hawaiians or even Dick Dale.

So much music sounds great on those Fishers, nice units you have there.:yes:

Congrats, those are beautiful! I had an X-100-C restored a few months ago and have played it almost every day since then. There is a special sound to Fisher tube audio pieces. Enjoy.

"I ain't playin' no surf music...I'm gonna play some heavy music! I'm gonna play it bad...I'm gonna play it loud!"

(Blue Oyster Cult: 'The Marshall Plan') :)

Heavy music sounds great on the Fishers, that's what I grew up on and still listen too on a regular basis.

It was when I got my first Fisher tube amp I found myself getting sucked up into other types of music because it sounded so darn good
on the 400 and that's when I started liking jazz and the blues more as well as other types of music, you will hear for yourself in time.

Congrats! These Fisher tube units are just outstanding! My 500c is still blowing me away. And for what its worth it blew away my friends Cayin integrated. Only problem I can for see with this vintage stuff is the cost. I mean where does it stop? I'm trying to get figure out how to get some Altec 604s now lol

Congrats! These Fisher tube units are just outstanding! My 500c is still blowing me away. And for what its worth it blew away my friends Cayin integrated. Only problem I can for see with this vintage stuff is the cost. I mean where does it stop? I'm trying to get figure out how to get some Altec 604s now lol

Fisher vintage gear is a good investment and should outperform a CD in a bank. A Fisher 400/500/800 for $400-800 gets one on board. Plus DIY parts at $100 or tech upgrade service of $250 for a power supply rebuild adds the ultimate reliability. I believe the years of pleasure is a sweet deal. If Fisher production was not as high limiting availability, I suspect Fisher receivers would cost $1500-2000. The receivers just sound that good.

Sounds familiar!!! I change a little something, set the rig up to see how it plays, 2 hours later I'm still going "Damn, this shit is unbelievable!!!!!" with a stupid grin on my face! No wonder it takes me forever to complete things :D

I've been meaning to recap my 610 chassis for the 1959 510 Consolette for better than 6 months, but other FISHER's get in the way.....the Executive (800-c), Standalone 800-C, and now the TA-600. It's like Lay's potato chips...."Betcha can't eat just one". And then you sit there dumbfounded wondering how the hell they sound so damned good.

Back
Top Bottom