Pioneer TX lamps to LED's

mufster

A while back I changed the lamps in my Pioneer TX-9100 to LED versions. They are 8V AC incandescent fuse lamps. They look stunning compared to the lamps. But, they are a little too bright if I was honest. I noticed that there are 12V versions of these LED's and was wondering if they will still work with an 8V feed. My thinking is that they may work but just be dimmer as they are not getting the full voltage. Or does the fact they need 12V mean they just won't work at all. I don't want to fork out $45 and they simply don't work.

Found them on that auction site under "LED fuse lamp for Marantz, Pioneer, Sansui, Onkyo, McIntosh, Kenwood Receivers"

Paul

Hi Paul, I'm curious to read the replies on this interesting thread as I have the same question. I want to replace the scale bulbs in my Kenwood KT7001 tuner, as the unit becomes really hot-ish after a while...

Hi Paul, I'm curious to read the replies on this interesting thread as I have the same question. I want to replace the scale bulbs in my Kenwood KT7001 tuner, as the unit becomes really hot-ish after a while...

Yeah, me too! It looks like nobody knows. I may have to make some other inquiries, but started here as I usually get the answer.

As to the heat. My TX-9100 front glass used to get warm but with the LED's, it doesn't get remotely warm. I did the same with a Marantz 2226b I used to own and that looked incredible and never got warm any more. LED's really do take to heat away as they simply don't get hot. Which is cool. Of course!

Paul

Yeah, me too! It looks like nobody knows. I may have to make some other inquiries, but started here as I usually get the answer.

As to the heat. My TX-9100 front glass used to get warm but with the LED's, it doesn't get remotely warm. I did the same with a Marantz 2226b I used to own and that looked incredible and never got warm any more. LED's really do take to heat away as they simply don't get hot. Which is cool. Of course!

Paul

Hello Paul,

I know this is a very old thread, but I came across your post when searching on TX-9100 LEDs. I recently won a TX-9100 from the auction site, and it hasn't even
arrived yet, but I may go with the LEDs, based on how cool you say it looks with them, and for keeping the heat down. I saw on the bay where there is a seller
selling both white LEDs and blue LEDs (fuse-type lamps) for the TX-9100 (and many other tuners/receivers as well). My question is: Are the LEDs you got white,
or blue? I think I read somewhere where the front glass may be blue tinted, so even white LEDs will give you the cool blue look. Do the meters have a different
type of lamp than the dial lamps? Finally, can you tell me where in Germany you found the 8v LEDs that look so good on your tuner? Thanks in advance for any
info you can share. I recently purchased an SA-9100 from a local vintage audio shop and it is completely restored and I love it! And I'm excited about getting the
matching tuner for it now. Thanks again, Frank

Parts express is selling those 8V fuse style LED lamps, cheap enough to order both blue and warm white to see which ones you prefer.

Parts express is selling those 8V fuse style LED lamps, cheap enough to order both blue and warm white to see which ones you prefer.

rcs16: Thanks for the info. Didn't know PE had those. I actually already ordered some blue ones from the bay. Haven't installed them yet. I may also order the warm white from PE to compare, since they are very affordable. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom