The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

Ive owned MANY high endish integrateds..Naim,Audio Refinement,Marantz Vintage tube unit's, on and on, and none have the Black, silent back ground, and pure quiet, musicality of the The Pioneer A 71, Superb phono stage as well, And don't get me started about the build...Cheer's :music:

Pioneer A-91D integrated amp (29.9kg),F-93 tuner,CT-91 cassette deck,and PD-91 CD player :hdphones:

Picture018_zps7c2836e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great stack have the same ones except F91 instead of F 93.

Also the turntable PL 90

Love my A 91D!

That's quite the stack...:zoom:

Great stack have the same ones except F91 instead of F 93.

Also the turntable PL 90

Love my A 91D!

Cheers guys.
Yep,really been impressed with the A-91D,much more so than I'd thought I would be,sounds rather like the Pioneer SA-9800,but perhaps a little more detailed.
If I'm not mistaken it must rate as the heaviest integrated amp Pioneer ever made,unless there's some Japanese only models that I can't think off.

I mentioned offhand to my wife I was planning on moving this system upstairs and she immediately said "you mean the system I use when I work out?"

...Plan B it is then...

dsc06371z.jpg

I know this is old news, but did the wife work out that speaker on the right? Looks like a 5 lb. weight crashed into it!:sigh:

Nope. That was all me. Found these DSS-5's in original boxes for $35 I think it was. Refoamed the woofers and perfect!

Then I dropped one off the shelf in my garage onto the edge of my steel Handy motorcycle airlift table.....f@ck.

I haven't been able to find a replacement midrange yet.

Does the DSS-5 use the same mid as the DSS-7? I know the 9 uses a different one than the 7, but not sure about the 5 and 7.

That hurts me, bro. Happens to the best of us.

Once helping a buddy install some 12'' subs in his car, my hand slipped, and ran the screwdriver right thru the cone. Ouch.

Here are my latest additions. The new A-20 Integrated amp and new acquired DV-79AVi DCD/CD player. A local dealer sold it for a song and it's like brand new. Used only as demo unit. But you wouldn't know it by looking at it! My collection is growing. :)

ps. Here's the pic. :)

Attachments

• P1090363.jpg
    P1090363.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Nope. That was all me. Found these DSS-5's in original boxes for $35 I think it was. Refoamed the woofers and perfect!

Then I dropped one off the shelf in my garage onto the edge of my steel Handy motorcycle airlift table.....f@ck.

I haven't been able to find a replacement midrange yet.
Ouch! :tears:

I bought my first Pioneer equipment in 1986 and have alway wanted some Elite. Well this last week it finally happened. After reading how good a CD player the DV45A was I was surprised to see how inexpensive they go for. I snagged one on fleaBay for $17.00 that was in like new condition with remote. SACD to boot! I can't wait to get it in the main system and compare it with the Denon DCD-820.

DV54A.jpg

I got the same player from a friend for free. I've had it about a year and it sounded great until the right channel quit playing.

Just got a SP-91D in almost new condition. Tomorrow I should be getting a VSX-95. I will post pictures later. So now a question, does anyone have a PDF of the manual for the SP-91D?

Back
Top Bottom