80's or 90's technics amps

man i cant wait to get this beast,,now to pick out the speakers i will connect to it.i think i will use my bookshelf's that i just put bose woofers in and for when i want some muscle my harvard floor standers..,,possibly my next purchace might be some more speakers say maybe some klischppers or maybe even some jbl's..anyways i am just stoked up about this amp,the seller said id runs flawlessly ,,i will give it a good cleaning and pop the hood and give it a nice blow out of compressed air,not gonna deox if it doesnt need it,he said all controls are smooth no noise..

yea my line of thought too,,might as well bite the bullit,,well i think i will start a thread in speakers later and let the hunt begin..

Hey Cleon, great find a V8X in silver. I have 2 V8X/s beautiful sounding amps, lolz in fact the image is one of mine - nick named dusty.

I found the Jensen speakers i have go nicely with my V8X ( seem to be an Australian only model i think AVX17 slim design). Currenly, using Energy bookshelf speakers for the other V8X ( have been modded with Kenwood trio 8" woofers, not sure if they would handle much power).

Last edited:
Hey Cleon, great find a V8X in silver. I have 2 V8X/s beautiful sounding amps, lolz in fact the image is one of mine - nick named dusty.

I found the Jensen speakers i have go nicely with my V8X ( seem to be an Australian only model i think AVX17 slim design). Currenly, using Energy bookshelf speakers for the other V8X ( have been modded with Kenwood trio 8" woofers, not sure if they would handle much power).

i have some no name speakers i just recently added some 6" bose woofers and the tweets seem to be adequate already.and i have some harvard floor speakers 4 way 12". that have decent sound . i am flat broke right now ,but i ntend to save up and get some nice speakers maybe JBL's or some Cerwin Vegas. but the small speakers i have are the sweetest speakers have heard.when i getr the amp i will post some pictures i wanr to check it out and clean it up if it needs it.yea i like the technics line of audio stuff some knock it but they proly never heard any.thanx for the post man tech's rock!!

i have some no name speakers i just recently added some 6" bose woofers and the tweets seem to be adequate already.and i have some harvard floor speakers 4 way 12". that have decent sound . i am flat broke right now ,but i ntend to save up and get some nice speakers maybe JBL's or some Cerwin Vegas. but the small speakers i have are the sweetest speakers have heard.when i getr the amp i will post some pictures i wanr to check it out and clean it up if it needs it.yea i like the technics line of audio stuff some knock it but they proly never heard any.thanx for the post man tech's rock!!

Hey Cleon,
The 12" drivers will be nice with the V8X. If you want bass Cerwin Vegas are good for that. I bought my first lot of speakers, for my first Technics, at an opshop ( call them them thift stores there in the US), price was low, as they couldnt get the covers off. Worth a look at those stores, never know if something is good there. If want a nicer sound what you have atm i think those smaller speakers seem to be the ones. Technics line of stuff is reliable, and sounds great. No problem, :banana:great to have another Technics fan on AK. I cant wait to see the pictures:thmbsp:

Synchro-Bias has one enhanced V8X which is fitted with high current output transistors
Heya Bailey , Yes , and Dusty (V8X) is on the Jensen speakers and purrs along on them with ease. Wiring upgrades also, ive done 24awg copper.:banana::D

thank's for the welcome into the Technics fold,, i listen to music at low to medium volumes any more i think high efficiency speakers will do the trick.so many to choose from honestly, i would like to get a set of Technics phase linear speakers.they sometimes are on the bay at a decent price.or craigs list might have some too.but for the good bookshelf size hi effy speaker there are a lot of choices,advent , polk ,jbl, b&w and so on all under 200 dollar range.and if larger speaker opportunity pops up i will make a road trip if needed.

right now i am strapped for cash ,gotta step up my ebay selling.holiday frenzy should produce some good speakers for me to snag.even thought about getting some empty cabinets and building some good ones.(wish i was better at woodworking)any way there are a zillion options just gotta see which road i take.

Synchro-Bias has one enhanced V8X which is fitted with high current output transistors

syncro-bias,,did you do the work yourself on your v8x? i like hot roding my speakeres ,but i dont have the skills to do any electronic work.i am just barely getting my soldering skills down.but if i ever see any transistor or relevant components i will get them ,my understanding is that the Technics innards are getting pretty hard to come by.

here are the speakers i will be using when i get the v8x,i am listening to the harvards right now on my pioneer a-8.and they sound real good at low volume.the high's are crystal clear and mids are well voiced.bass is smooth not boomy. oh i forgot to mention i also have warfedale w-35's ,,akai 125's, klh pro monitors.criteion 150a's oh yea and spome very nice german kirksaeter's i just refoamed(i might get these out and see how they sound).and 2 or 3 other sets of speakers ar bookshelves,infinity rs-125's ,,oh and utah hsi's damn i got a lot of speakers might need to thin out a little.

Attachments

• HPIM7972.jpg
    HPIM7972.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 14
  • HPIM7973.jpg
    HPIM7973.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 14
  • HPIM7975.jpg
    HPIM7975.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 10
  • HPIM7974.jpg
    HPIM7974.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM7977.jpg
    HPIM7977.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
thank's for the welcome into the Technics fold,, i listen to music at low to medium volumes any more i think high efficiency speakers will do the trick.so many to choose from honestly, i would like to get a set of Technics phase linear speakers.they sometimes are on the bay at a decent price.or craigs list might have some too.but for the good bookshelf size hi effy speaker there are a lot of choices,advent , polk ,jbl, b&w and so on all under 200 dollar range.and if larger speaker opportunity pops up i will make a road trip if needed.

right now i am strapped for cash ,gotta step up my ebay selling.holiday frenzy should produce some good speakers for me to snag.even thought about getting some empty cabinets and building some good ones.(wish i was better at woodworking)any way there are a zillion options just gotta see which road i take.

Same here, low to medium volume levels with my music also. The earlier Technics speakers were good like the phase linear, and there are mix views on the honeycomb. Graigs list is much like Gumtree here, I scored some lovely Marantz bookshelf speakers for 30$. Speakers in general seem to be cheaper there in the US. Those are nice brands. I am doing the same clearing out some things on ebay to get the cash, as I am still thinking where to get another lot of speakers. That is what I did with the old Technics speakers, I changed the drivers in the cabinet . It would be cool to build some cabinets, but not very good either, though the hardware store does cut the MDF for people. AK is a great place to search for thoughts on speakers.
syncro-bias,,did you do the work yourself on your v8x? i like hot roding my speakeres ,but i dont have the skills to do any electronic work.i am just barely getting my soldering skills down.but if i ever see any transistor or relevant components i will get them ,my understanding is that the Technics innards are getting pretty hard to come by.
No Cleon, I didn’t do the transistors, SVI2004A, my friend did them for me. The work I did on my V8X was the changing the wiring from the input to the output board for the cd aux tuner phono. It was just following where each wire went. Its’s a lovely sounding amp, and so is my other V8X whch is pretty much stock. Parts are difficult to find, why I decided on another V8X. Soldering skills are ok now after some practice.
here are the speakers i will be using when i get the v8x,i am listening to the harvards right now on my pioneer a-8.and they sound real good at low volume.the high's are crystal clear and mids are well voiced.bass is smooth not boomy. oh i forgot to mention i also have warfedale w-35's ,,akai 125's, klh pro monitors.criteion 150a's oh yea and spome very nice german kirksaeter's i just refoamed(i might get these out and see how they sound).and 2 or 3 other sets of speakers ar bookshelves,infinity rs-125's ,,oh and utah hsi's damn i got a lot of speakers might need to thin out a little.
I really like those 3ways you have there, the boxes look nice and solid. Are they the Harvards? I have a few too many speakers also, thining them out, well just one pair I am selling. I enjoyed looking up some of the other speakers you mentioned.

yea the 3 way's in the picture are the harvards. i played them yesterday and they sounded beuatiful on the pioneer a-8 so i am sure they will shine on the v8x .

my original intentions are to put together a 2 sub system with some really efficient mid-hi frequency bookshelves,,whatever the case it will be a wile ,but i have enough others to play with.

Has it got there yet?

yea i got it tuesday. i have been listening for 2 days making sure it is ok. gonna do some pictures later,boy is it a beast.it fills the house with music at 2 on volulume dail or at 9 0clock position. the guy shipped it parcel post so i was not happy i would have got it monday but the post office saw inside box that he used priority boxes for packing material and i had to pay a extra 43 dollar ,which he reimbursed but the almost returned it to sender. ,but i have it and they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.it is real nice the sound is awesome .had a problem at first,,no sound but i figured out that the equaliser ports on back are like a pre amp power amp circuit so i used some rca cables to jump it and it works perfect t,the guy had a eg running with it .i might get one(do you recommend one will it improve my sound or do i just need to get some jumper pins to close the connection? gotta go right now i will add more later .

Niice one... Just got myself another SU-V4X and ST-G5 from a local trading site (Synchro-Bias tipped me off about it)

The whole line of those amps are really good

V98 is 87/88 they cut corners here... Plastic front and undersized heatsink. Plenty of punch and is a good amp just be sure the cooling fan kicks in when output is higher.

Back
Top Bottom