80's or 90's technics amps

The lil sibling of the V8X

thats nice. mine is a silver face i will get some pics in a bit, i would have liked a black face but i am happy.,,there seems to be more black face components that match it. do you think a eq would be good for this or what do you think.

Last edited:
ok i have some pictures i had to kick out some dust bunnies but i brushed it out and gave it a good blast of air and it looks good again.

HPIM8046.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

HPIM8047.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

HPIM8045.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HPIM8037.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]
HPIM8040.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
oh man it has been a wile since i did pictures on the bucket. hey Jack i can do some others if you want it will only take a few to remove top.highlight areas you want on the existing pics.

ok whew what is the verdict, i do need some more speakers though.the harvards and little bookshelves sound good but they are limited. the big harvards start distorting about 11 o'clock.that is way too loud for me though but i would like to have something that can take this animal.i have some old sound reinforcement cabinets has a 10" space and a horn space,but i can go 12" and add a spot for a good tweet and put in a decent horn with good crossover..i will build on jbl or cerwin vega models.specs.

the v8x seems to have power on demand as my hk 3490 is wider.hope you know what i am trying to say.i remember that hk advertised wideband amps.i love the technics soon as i get my streaming device i will give it all the play it wants.i dont see a need for a tuner fm sucks in oklahoma. might get a eq just to close off the eq jumpers on the back. or just get jumpers and close em like that.i assume i can use this as a power amp if i want just plug a source into the eq spot.

here are some better, you boy's know your sheet!!!

HPIM8048.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HPIM8049.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HPIM8050.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
HPIM8051.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking good cleon. :thmbsp:

I have the similar caps, but 10,000uF in my HK6900, they are still good.

How are you satisfied with the sound?

it sounds cystal clear to me been listening to a lot of 60's r&band some jazz trumpet players ,al hirt and others. LOL i see the debate continues over at the digital house.hey i am just an observer over there,you guy's are too advanced for me.i thought i was but yall are in another league.

SVI there were claims in this thread http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=547181&page=8 that Technics New Class A or Class AA is stolen from Nelson Pass' sliding class a.

Thoughts on that?

To my recollection Pass had Optical Class A, term used by Denon.

Just another deadbeat.

I don't know what or when pass did. Although in their class AA topology stasis was mentioned.

For all I know pass may have coined up sliding bias in the 60s, but technics sure refined it.

There's a lot of ppl like him carrying on... BE SURE TO PASS THE CHEESE PLATTER... To compliment their whine.

They're usually the type that like a tinny sound. Valves SET capacitor or capacitor 5 watts is too much kinda deal.

Give me something punchy clean n crisp. Plenty of current for its class.
New class A does that with aplomb.

The "winner" banging on about pass etc is probably sour that he spent a heap of coin for a lesser amp

Ok / rant over...

Just another deadbeat.

I don't know what or when pass did. Although in their class AA topology stasis was mentioned.

For all I know pass may have coined up sliding bias in the 60s, but technics sure refined it.

There's a lot of ppl like him carrying on... BE SURE TO PASS THE CHEESE PLATTER... To compliment their whine.

They're usually the type that like a tinny sound. Valves SET capacitor or capacitor 5 watts is too much kinda deal.

Give me something punchy clean n crisp. Plenty of current for its class.
New class A does that with aplomb.

The "winner" banging on about pass etc is probably sour that he spent a heap of coin for a lesser amp

Ok / rant over...

amen

Good heavens... I read a bit more of that thread.... It's like a poo flinging contest there....

Back to this thread... Silver V8X not the easiest find. I have a few in both colors :)

It's good you got the multi tap one (where you can select voltage) I often have to change transformers whenever I buy anything from USA.

If I were you I'd be checking in with the speaker forum on here.... There's a stack of folk out there that would know what to suggest.... I'd say 12inch woofers although a good cabinet could make nearly any matched driver sound good

Back
Top Bottom