Yamaha A-S3000

arcamguy1

Hi group,
I've been curious about whether anyone's listened to Yamaha's new high-end integrated. I've searched online but haven't found any reviews of this $8,000 beast. I've always liked the styling and the sound of a Yamaha, but am interested to see how this amp is being received.

The A-S2000 had some very good reviews; speaking of the "2000"...does anyone know if it can be bi-amped?

Thanks,
Jeff

Can't imagine why there wouldnt be an impressions out there when you have to register just to get info regarding the release of the amp in Oz ...

http://yamahamusic.com.au/S3000/

It's on display in Melbourne this weekend (I know - a very long way from Vegas !), but when I posted re the show dates the thread sank without trace - I guess there just aren't many Aussies here. Hopefully, TAS or Stereophile will review the amp soon.

Hello estreeter!
Greetings from Vegas on a gorgeous early autumn evening here.
I would have hoped there is more information about this amp...especially since it's Yamaha's re-entry into the high-end audio world; (same goes for the new CD player); if you hear anything from Melbourne, pass it on.

Yes...hopefully a review from Stereophile, or someone......

(Always wanted to visit Australia; perhaps someday!)

Best,
Jeff

I've been really interested in hearing the A-S2000 integrated and CD-S2000 SACD player - the silver is simply stunning to look at in my opinion! My only gripe is that the CD-S2000 can't be used as a stand alone DAC...at $2,500 retail, that seems like a miss (though they seem to be able to be had for under $1,500 new). I'd be OK with the CD-S1000 because it seems the only major difference is the balanced outputs, but they don't seem to have the silver available here in the US.

Livestrong,
That combo is spectacular, in my book. Sure, if I had the money, I'd go for the A-S3000/CD-S3000; however, I think the A-S2000/CD-S2000 is a real winner.
Jeff

Thanks for the link. It includes some enticing Yamaha pr0n too.

yamaha%20a-s3000%204.png

Back
Top Bottom